Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.
Accessibility Handbooks Available!
If you like knowing that the answer is in the palm of your hands, and you are a fully online instructor, contact Karen Sorensen to get your Accessibility Handbook. The handbook covers:
- What is Web Accessibility?
- PCC’s Accessibility Guidelines for Online Courses
- How to Make Accessible:
- PowerPoints (Versions 2010, 2011, 2013)
- Desire2Learn Web Pages
- Word documents (Versions 2010, 2011, 2013)
- Video and Audio
- Math and Science
- Questions to ask your publishers about their online materials
By providing one to every fully online instructor, we hope to ensure that instructors have the knowledge and tools to create accessible online courses. Of course, support will continue to be provided through trainings, the website, course reviews and over the shoulder assistance. But now you can get many of the answers yourself either through the handbook or on the website. The Web Accessibility for Online Courses website also has video tutorials!