We say YESS to Opportunity
Since 2017, PCC has been engaged in the reform of our policies, practices, and behaviors to improve the experience and outcomes for our diverse students. Yes to Equitable Student Success (YESS) is our roadmap to dismantling barriers and building inclusive systems of education and support. Now guided by the 2020-2025 Strategic Plan, our work aims to keep students at the center and transform their experience.
Our vision for equitable student success
Recognizing the unique value, perspectives, strengths, and challenges of every person who comes to PCC for education, all students will achieve their academic goals through equitable support, quality instruction, clear guidance to persist, and an unwavering commitment to completion shared by the entire college community.
Goals for YESS
- Our student population reflects the diverse communities we serve
- Our students graduate at a constantly increasing rate
- Disparities in student outcomes are significantly reduced or eliminated
As part of the Achieving the Dream network of community colleges across the country, we share data and best practices to help more students reach their goals. This network, along with similar statewide efforts, has supported our planning and action.
Why YESS and measuring our progress
Learn why PCC is committed to improving student outcomes and close opportunity gaps for historically underserved students.
YESS in the news
- Andrea Reyes talks equitable student success
- December 20, 2021
- Andrea Reyes is a CTE advisor for Business and Applied Technology
- Panel Series Showcases Transfer Opportunities
- October 26, 2021
- The upcoming virtual panel series is designed to enhance transfer opportunities for students of color
- PCC, Partners Address Student Homelessness
- October 20, 2021
- This collaborative effort provides subsidized housing, a streamlined application process, and a highly supportive environment focused on student success
- View more ...