Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging
Electric Vehicle Charging at Portland Community College
The purpose of the electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure on PCC campuses is to support the institution’s electric fleet vehicles and provide the campus community access to charging stations. This initiative aims to promote campus sustainability. It’s important to note that the charging stations are supplementary and not intended to be the primary source of vehicle charging for campus community members.
These terms outline the appropriate use of electric vehicle charging stations for employees, students, and visitors parking in Portland Community College lots. Please be aware that this procedure does not guarantee the availability of charging stations.
Basic Level II charging stations are available at the following PCC locations:
- Sylvania Campus
- Rock Creek Campus
- Cascade Campus
- Southeast Campus
- Opportunity Center at 42nd Ave
- Columbia County Center
Charging and Parking Guidelines
1. Electric vehicle charging is currently provided free of charge as a privilege.
2. Employees, students, and visitors must have a current, valid parking pass to use the charging infrastructure.
3. Vehicles using the charging station must be actively charging while parked in the designated stall.
4. Charging is limited to three hours per day and must occur in the designated charging stalls only.
5. Vehicles parked beyond the 3-hour limit may be ticketed or towed at the owner’s expense.
6. Fossil fuel burning vehicles parked in the EV stalls will be cited for a reserved space violation.
An electric vehicle charging station is a part of the transportation infrastructure that supplies electric energy for recharging all-electric cars and plug-in hybrids used by Portland Community College community members and visitors.
- EV owners using the charging stations at Portland Community College release, waive, and discharge the college from any claims related to property damage or personal injury resulting from the use of the charging equipment.
- Portland Community College is not obligated to provide or guarantee charging stations in the present or future.
- Departments with electric vehicles should contact Transportation & Parking for training on regular use.
- Electric vehicle owners are restricted from charging their vehicles on outlets other than the designated charging stations.