MUS110 Fundamentals of Music
Covers the basic concepts of music: pitch, rhythm, meter, intervals, modes, scales, harmony and music notation. Introduces the science of sound and music theory terminology. Begins development of musical performance skills through singing, clapping and performance on the piano keyboard. Also includes basic aural skills. Course intended for non-music majors and to prepare students for further music theory study. Prerequisite: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (See course content and outcomes.)
|CRN||Class type||Location||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Faculty||More info|
|40612||In-person||Sylvania CT 126|
Monday and Wednesdayfrom 12 to 1:50pm
From September 25 through December 13, 2023
|Julianne R Johnson||Books for CRN 40612
Class details for CRN 40612
Notes: Remote attendance possible
|42379||Online||Not applicable||Available 24/7|
From September 25 through December 16, 2023
|Dana S Heer||Books for CRN 42379
Class details for CRN 42379
Class schedule definitions
- cost is based on the number of credits – see tuition and fees
- $0 or <$40 means low cost books (doesn't include other supplies like calculators)
- use the CRN to register in MyPCC – see how to register
- Class types:
- see more about class types
- In-person: classes take place at specific times and locations. Attendance in person is required.
- Online: classes do not have meeting times. Regular online interaction is required and there are weekly assignments.
- Remote: classes take place at specific times online. Students must be logged in during class meeting times.
- In-person and remote: classes meet both in-person and remotely. Attendance at both is required.
- In-person and online: classes meet in-person with additional online activities required.
- Remote and online: classes meet remotely with additional online activities required.