The Peer Advisors are a dynamic, diverse group of current PCC student leaders who work in Career Services, and some also work with New Student Programming. The Peer Advisor Program is an opportunity to develop your leadership skills by helping other students explore career and academic paths, as well as help orient them to student life.
PCC Career Peer Advisor positions have been filled for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please check back with us in Spring 2021 for an update on our recruiting process for 2021-2022.
Peer Advisors go through extensive training in order to:
- Connect with other students and help them navigate the college system
- Administer career assessments and help students to explore majors and career options
- Teach students to use MyPCC, register for classes approved by an advisor, access college resources, and plan a class schedule
- Help students to research college majors, transfer schools, and scholarships
- Sponsor events and promote the center's services across campus so that all students have equal access to career exploration
- Help students locate and apply for job opportunities (SE and RC campuses only)
- Lead campus tours for new and prospective students (SE and SY campuses only)
Sylvania peer advisors: back row – Oscar, Karum, Lupine, Vivian; front row – Dana, Emily, Anh, Sunny
Rock Creek peer advisors: back row – Anna, Stephanie, Upama: front row – Yesenia, Priscilla, Rocky, Jonny
Southeast Peer Advisors
Southeast peers tabling at an event
Sylvania Peer Advisor helping a student