Make college more than a classroom! Get paid while you engage with your peers at PCC to assist with exploring majors, careers, transfer universities, scholarships, job search and more.
The Peer Advisors are a dynamic, diverse group of current PCC student leaders who work in Career Services. Peer Advisor positions are currently open for the 2021-2022 academic year. These student positions are remote during Fall Term (10-15 hrs/week) and may return to campus during Winter and Spring Terms (to be determined).
The Career Peer Advisor application has more details including eligibility and a link to the full job description.
Peer Advisors go through extensive training in order to:
- Connect with other students and help them navigate the college system
- Administer career assessments and help students to explore majors and career options
- Teach students to use MyPCC, register for classes approved by an advisor, access college resources, and plan a class schedule
- Help students to research college majors, transfer schools, and scholarships
- Sponsor events and promote the center's services across campus so that all students have equal access to career exploration
- Help students locate and apply for job opportunities
Sylvania peer advisors: back row – Oscar, Karum, Lupine, Vivian; front row – Dana, Emily, Anh, Sunny
Rock Creek peer advisors: back row – Anna, Stephanie, Upama: front row – Yesenia, Priscilla, Rocky, Jonny
Southeast Peer Advisors
Southeast peers tabling at an event
Sylvania Peer Advisor helping a student