MRI Technologist Training Program
Program is nine months in length – three consecutive terms. Program begins Fall Term. Applicants must be a currently credentialed Technologist in Radiography (ARRT), Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine or Radiation Therapy by the start of the program. Enrollment is limited and dependent on clinical site availability.
Program involves both online classroom sessions as well as clinical training hours that are required.
Classes are primarily offered online with four mandatory campus sessions throughout the program.
- Online classroom – Tuesday nights, 2-3 hours
Clinical training hours in MRI:
- 21 hours per week – Term 1
- 28 hours per week – Terms 2 and 3
- Term 1: 10 credit hours, September – December
- MRI 101: MR Physics I – Principles, Equipment + Safety (2 credits)
- MRI 111: MR Cross-Sectional Anatomy I (2 credits)
- MRI 271: MR Clinical Education I (6 credits)
- Term 2: 11 credit hours, January – March
- MRI 102: MR Physics II – Advanced Principles (2 credits)
- MRI 112: MR Cross-Sectional Anatomy II (1 credit)
- MRI 272: MR Clinical Education II (8 credits)
- Term 3: 11 credit hours, April – June
- MRI 130: MR Imaging Procedures + Diagnosis (2 credits)
- MRI 140: MR Registry Review (1 credit)
- MRI 273: MR Clinical Education III (8 credits)
Total credit hours:32
Estimated cost: approximately $5,000 for tuition, fees, and books
Applications accepted: March 1 – April 15