Alternative Learning Courses (ALC) and Alternative Learning Mathematics (ALM)
Did you know PCC’s placement system places you at your highest possible math level? To be successful in your math class, registering for an ALC and ALM math lab is advised. Or, you may want to take an ALC or ALM math lab before you take your required math course.
PCC ALC and ALM math labs provide personalized material to meet to support you in:
- succeeding in your current MTH 20, 60, 65, 70, 95, 111, or 243 courses, or
- preparing for your required math course, or
- moving through mathematics at your own pace, whether it is faster or slower than our scheduled math courses.
ALC and ALM math labs are individually based and will identify your math strengths and weaknesses. You will work with your instructor, using technology, to focus on specific course material to help you become a successful math student!
If you are registering for:
- MTH 20 – Also register for a section of ALC 20.
- MTH 60 – Also register for a section of ALC 60.
- MTH 65 or 70 – Also register for a section of ALC 65.
- MTH 95 – Also register for a section of ALC 95.
- MTH 111 – Also register for a section of ALM 111.
- MTH 243 – Also register for a section of ALM 243.
Regardless of the ALC or ALM lab you sign up for, we’ll be able to help you succeed!
ALC math courses are taught by math instructors, can be taken for one or two credits, and can be found under the Math Support Labs section of the Mathematics courses in the schedule.