Apply to Aviation Science
To join this program, you must apply for admission. This program accepts around 35 students each year. Ideal candidates will be able to clearly describe their career goals and demonstrate strong interest in the aviation field. We admit students who complete all of the steps in order of application received. We will also assist students who haven’t completed all of the steps to develop a plan for entry in a future term. While applications to join the program are accepted year-round, students are limited when they will begin classes as follows:
- Students without a private pilot license will be considered for admittance in the Spring or Summer Terms.
- Students that have already obtained a Private Pilot License will be considered for Spring, Summer or Fall Term admittance.
- No students will be admitted in Winter Term due to weather limitations causing possible delays in key training milestones.
Questions? Attend an information session or talk with a program advisor.
How to apply
Apply to PCC
Applying to PCC is free and only takes a few minutes. Complete this step as soon as possible so you can start using PCC resources.
Apply to PCC angle right
Term you want to start Apply to Aviation Science Winter 2024 Closed Spring 2024 January 12 – February 12, 2024 Summer 2024 April 5 – May 6, 2024 Fall 2024 June 28 – August 5, 2024
Attend an information session. We can help you set up a demo flight at Hillsboro Aero Academy (HAA). All Aviation Science academic classes take place at Rock Creek. Flight training locations are as follows:
- Westside: airplane flight training at HAA Hillsboro airport
Pass a physical examination
You will need to get a Class II FAA Medical Certificate. This certificate confirms that you have no health conditions that would prevent you from being a pilot. See the faa.gov site for how to get a medical certificate. Pick AME in the drop down menu, then click on the Location search, type in City and State (do not check anything in the “Designation Type” area) and click the Search button. You will upload a copy of your certificate with your application (see the final step).
You will need to secure funding for your first term of flight training. You can use one or more of the following to fund your training:
- Financial aid: federal financial aid can be used, but it often covers only part of the total cost. To apply, fill out the FAFSA at least six months in advance to receive the most aid.
- Private loans: talk to the program advisor if you need a flight training plan, which is often required for private loans.
Payment plan options are not accepted for flight training fees.
Consent to release information
You will need to give us consent to allow us to communicate with HAA and FAA regarding your training. Log in to MyPCC and fill this form out twice (once for HAA and once for FAA). See detailed instructions for consent forms.
Write a cover letter
In 350 words or less, discuss your career goals and experience in aviation. Feel free to include volunteer experience or membership with aviation organizations. You’ll upload this letter with your application, below.
The spring term application is now closed. The summer term application will open Friday, April 5, 2024.
After you apply
You can expect to notification of you acceptance status 4 weeks before the start of your first term. Check your MyPCC email: all communication is done through your PCC email account.