About the Email tool
SThe Email tool allows you to send messages to the PCC email system from within D2L. You can send messages from within D2L, but you will need to access your PCC inbox from MyPCC.
- Who is this for: All Instructors
- What is required: A D2L account
- Click on Classlist.
- To send email click the box before the student(s) you want to email. If you want to email the entire class, click the Email Classlist button at the top.
- Click the Email icon above the classlist.
- Recipients’ names and addresses will be listed under BCC: to protect the privacy of the individuals.
- Enter you subject, type you message, attach files, and then click the Send button.
Optional: Label messages in Gmail
You an help organize mail coming from D2L using the Labels and Filter tools in Gmail. Here’s how you can create a label using the subject line from a message.
Access your PCC Gmail
You can further simplify access to your PCC Gmail by authorizing the “Access Google Apps” widget in D2L Brightspace. When you authorize the account, it will connect to your PCC Gmail account, show you the number of unread messages, link to your inbox, and allow you to use Google Drive integration. Here’s how:
- Log in to your D2L Brightspace account
- Locate the Access Google Apps widget
- Click the Authorize button.
- You may need to log in with your PCC username & password.
- Review the access notice and click the Allow button.
- You will now see the Google Apps widget.
Access sent or old email
- Click on the email icon in the top menu bar
- Click on the email link
- In the body of the message, click on the Sent Mail button
- You’ll see all the sent messages and threads you’ve replied to.