This content was published: April 22, 2010. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Workshops slated for Portland Plan
Photos and Story by Dana Haynes
The city of Portland is setting the stage for the next 25 years of urban planning and Portland Community College is one of the partners at the table.
Phase II workshops for the Portland Plan begin next week. The plan, when written, will help guide the city over the coming decades on issues such as transportation, housing, education, sustainability, jobs and more.
“It’s vitally important that we get the maximum participation possible,” said Preston Pulliams, president of PCC. “Students, staff and faculty should show up and be heard. The city leaders are listening.”
Pulliams helped kick off the first round of workshops, which were held earlier this winter.
The hearing dates are scheduled according to the sectors of Portland. They are:
- Southeast: 6:30 to 9 p.m. Monday, April 26, Central Catholic High School, 2401 S.E. Stark St.
- Northeast: 6:30 to 9 p.m., Thursday, April 29, Beaumont Middle School, 4043 N.E. Fremont St.
- North: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Saturday, May 1, University Park Community Center, 9009 N. Foss Ave. Child care will be available.
- Central City: 6:30 to 9 p.m., Monday, May 10, University of Oregon, White Stag Block, Rooms 142 and 144, 70 N.W. Couch St.
- East: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Saturday, May 15, David Douglas High School, 1001 S.E. 135th Ave. Child care will be available.
- Southwest: 6:30 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, May 18, Jackson Middle School, 10625 S.W. 35th Ave.
For more information, click here.