The National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS) is the largest leadership honor society in the United States. Our NSLS chapter at Portland Community College was started in 2018 as a result of collaboration between the Multicultural Center and TRIO Student Support Services at Cascade Campus. Our local chapter is part of the national organization with 700+ chapters and over 1.4 million members.
Students are invited to join based on exemplary leadership potential.
As of February 2023, our chapter has nearly 700 members who have access to:
- More than $400,000 in scholarships.
- An exclusive NSLS job board.
- A personalized letter of recommendation.
Our chapter has been growing! For the first time, invitations to enrolled students throughout the PCC district were sent by email and U.S. mail during the break between Fall 2022 and Winter 2023.
More about the NSLS
The NSLS leadership program teaches the interpersonal skills that employers seek to give you an edge in the job market. The Foundations of Leadership program is designed to be completed at a flexible pace over the span of several weeks. Some students need a bit longer, and that’s okay!
Hear directly from current members as they share how their experience has changed their life.
If you become a member, some of the other benefits are:
- Learn from exceptional leaders like former President Barack Obama, Anita Hill, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Mark Cuban, Dr. Simone Ahuja, and many more during exclusive NSLS Speaker Broadcasts.
- Meet new friends and make lifelong connections.
- Overcome challenges with success coaches shortcutting your way to success.
- Access to private networking events.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have additional questions, you can:
Due to the high volume of inquiries we have received since students were invited to join our chapter in December 2022, it is highly recommended that PCC students and staff check the above pages for more information prior to sending an email.