Spring 2023: Weekly OL Training Opportunities
Please direct questions to the Online Faculty Help Desk, 971-722-8227, or email email@example.com.
Instructional Technology Spring 2023
Never miss a session – add IS sessions to your personal Google calendar.
Add our sessions to your calendar »
Week 0 Training Opportunities – Live sessions!
- Quality Matters Workshops and Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Workshops | Session Details, Stipend Information, & Registration Link through Cornerstone (Do not register on the OLC or QM website).
The Part-time credit faculty stipend is for full workshop completion. Unless specified otherwise, all workshops are asynchronous, spanning a period of 3 days to 2 weeks, but there are usually daily due dates for workshop activities. (The workshops are intensive. You’ll want to begin participating on the first day.) Expected hours and dates are listed in the session details. (The hours are estimates. They can take longer.)
- OCCDLA 4th Annual Distance Learning Completion Conference | Fri. 4/14 | 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM.
Join OCCDLA 4th Annual Distance Learning Completion Conference in-person at Chemeketa Community College’s Eola Center or online via Zoom. The theme this year is “Cultivating Community: Humanizing Online Learning.” Registration and conference detail.
All faculty and staff at Oregon community colleges involved with online learning are encouraged to attend; registration is free. A stipend is available for part-time faculty who attend through OCCDLA. For any questions, contact Layli Liss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lunch Q & A with ITS | Reserve your spot | Mon. 3/20 | Noon – 1:00 PM | Join the Session
- Lunch Q & A with ITS | Reserve your spot | Wed. 3/22 | Noon – 1:00 PM | Join the Session
- Open Lab for Instructors | Help with instructional tools | Reserve a time | every Friday | 1:00 – 5:00 PM | Join the Session |
All live sessions are subject to cancellation if no one has registered within 24 hours of the scheduled training. Check the calendar on the scheduled training day to see if it has been canceled.
Non-PCC Sponsored Conferences and Webinars
- Recorded workshops & webinars: a variety of sessions to get you started with the instructional tools used at PCC. We’ve curated recordings for each session that we offer, such as culturally responsive teaching strategies, strategies for showing faculty presence, creative solutions for delivering course content, etc.
- D2L Brightspace Guides: A list of all our PCC D2L Brightspace Guides and Video Tutorials.
- Zoom Guides: A list of all Zoom tutorials and resources.
- Creating Accessible Content: One-stop shop for resources on how to create accessible documents for class.
Some sessions will have automated closed captioning. PCC provides accommodation for employees who experience disabilities to ensure we all are able to participate in employment-related activities. Please make requests for accommodation by emailing email@example.com or calling 971-722-5869 at least five (5) working days before the date of need.
Can’t make it to a scheduled session or want help sooner?
Contact your Instructional Technology Specialist (ITS).
Learn more about Online Learning
- Check out our Instructional Support website to find out what other Instructional tools PCC supports for your course and other resources.
- Need help or have more questions? Contact the Online Faculty Help Desk at 971-722-8227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.