Google Apps for Instructional Use
Our department provides assistance with applying Google Apps for instructional purposes. For technical support and getting started with using Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sites, etc.), please contact the IT Training team via the PCC IT Service Desk. For student support for Google Apps, students can contact the Student Help Desk.
- Using Gmail in Brightspace
Send email from Brightspace and create labels and filters to organize it in your Gmail account
- Activate and use Google Drive in Brightspace
Submit documents from Google Drive to the assignments folder.
- Getting Started with Google Drive
Create documents, presentations, and spreadsheets from Google Drive for free!
- Google Meet Training and Help | Google Meet at PCC
Schedule an online office hours, Q&A session, or online group meeting with your students
The paperless classroom with Google Docs
You can turn your classroom into a digitally focused environment where you will no longer have any need for papers. This is all done through the effective use of the different Google Drive features and functionality.
- How to organize your files in Google Drive
- How to upload files and folders to Google Drive
- How to share folders and permissions in Google Drive. Depending on the permission, you can utilize it as instructor handout folders or student turn-in folders.
- How to share files and permissions: Edit, Comment, or View from Google Drive
- How to use comments to grade
- How to view revision history to see what’s changed in a file