You have big goals. We'll help you reach them.
Ready to get started? Connect with our admissions team virtually!
1-on-1 admissions appointments
Schedule a virtual appointment online to have a personalized conversation about becoming a PCC student. These meetings are offered on Zoom or over the phone. Click on one link below to schedule your appointment.
- I am an international student
- I am a high school student or recent high school graduate
- I am an adult student and have not yet applied to PCC
- I am an adult student, have already applied to PCC, and
- I want to learn English (ESOL Students)
- I want to get my GED
*Not new to PCC? Need help choosing your classes? Connect with an Academic Advisor.
Online recorded info session
Connect with a PCC Admissions Representative directly
The PCC Admissions and Recruitment Team is here to help and answer your questions. See you soon!
971-722-5241 | email@example.com
Hello! I’m Becca, and after spending the last 20 years doing nonprofit work I joined the Admissions and Recruitment team at PCC. For the past 16 years I have worked at local Portland nonprofits, most recently the Native American Youth and Family Center (NAYA), focused on academic success and college and career readiness with youth and young adults. Now I have the joy of working in higher ed here at PCC where I am helping to share with others all the amazing opportunities to engage and learn available at PCC. I am passionate about helping people to embark on their postsecondary journeys, and believe in providing pathways to upward mobility for all.
- Education: I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Linguistic and Cultural Anthropology from Oregon State University, I am also a PCC Alum.
- Favorite thing about PCC: One of my favorite things about PCC is that there are a wide variety of options for people on their college and career paths. I also love that PCC is a place where people are able to see themselves learning and growing.
- When not at PCC: When not working I love creating, throwing theme parties, going on kitschy road trips and having adventures.
Bianca de Garriz
971-722-5291 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello, I'm Bianca! For the past 6 years I have worked in higher education serving in a few different student affairs roles within Housing and Residential Life, Admissions and Orientation, and Peer Mentoring. One reason why I love working in student affairs is the opportunity to support students on their educational journey. In addition to a career in higher education, I also serve in the Oregon Air National Guard.
- Education: I earned a Bachelor of Science in Sociology with a minor in Communication from Arizona State University and a Master of Education in Counseling – Student Affairs from Northern Arizona University.
- Favorite thing about PCC: My favorite thing about PCC is its multiple locations. PCC has four comprehensive campuses, eight centers, and various independent locations throughout the community. Students can also take classes off campus through online learning. The choice is up to the students to choose where they want to learn.
- When not at PCC: You can find me shredding the slopes, hiking beautiful trails, or skipping down Mainstreet U.S.A. at a Disney park. On less adventurous days I enjoy discovering new restaurants and bars, watching movies/tv shows, and turning Meal Prep Mondays into kitchen dance parties.
971-722-7225 | email@example.com
Greetings, future PCC Panther! I’m Heidi and I have worked in higher education for over 20 years both at Portland Community College and Portland State University in various student affairs, workforce development and teaching roles. Previously I worked for the Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO) where I assisted newly-arrived refugees to learn English, transition into employment, and establish themselves in the Portland metropolitan area. I enjoy meeting with prospective students, and families, to explore how higher education fits into their lives and look forward to meeting you!
- Education: I earned my Masters degree in Communication Studies from Portland State University, Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology from Purdue University and attended Washington State University.
- Favorite thing about PCC: The opportunities for students to pursue and achieve their dreams through any of our 100+ degree, certificate and career options.
- When not at PCC: I am the proud parent of two teenage children and enjoy skiing, camping, running, outdoor concerts, traveling and cheering on the WSU Cougars. I keep busy serving on the Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation Board of Directors, the Beaverton School District Budget Committee and as a Commissioner for Oregon Volunteers.
971-722-7788 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi everyone, my name is Jennifer McBratney and I use she/her(s) pronouns. I have a wide variety of work experience in higher education student services including Financial Aid, Scholarships, Trio and now Admissions and Recruitment. I’m incredibly passionate about helping all students, but especially non-traditional students, feel welcome and secure in how this whole college thing works. I’ve worked at PCC for 10 years and am a lifelong Panther.
- Education: I received my Bachelor’s degree in Vocal Performance from Pacific University and then received a Master’s degree in Music from the University of Portland. However, after a career shift, I decided to complete the Portland State University’s Masters of Postsecondary Adult and Continuing Education (PACE) in order to better serve students.
- Favorite thing about PCC: The variety of courses!! PCC offers such an eclectic variety of fields of study so that students can take “traditional” classes, but can also explore hands on skills as well.
- When not at PCC: When not at PCC, I spend a lot of my time playing with my australian shepherd Jackson, hanging out with friends and family by going hiking and camping, and I still enjoy taking PCC classes for fun.
971-722-6062 | email@example.com
Hi all! My name is Lauren, and I’ve been working at PCC for one year. Before PCC, I attended Lewis & Clark College and then worked in their Admissions Office for nine years. I was a math major in college, so I love numbers and data, but I also love working with people. I’m lucky that my position here at PCC includes all of those things! I am grateful to be in this position because I get to support all kinds of students as they access and succeed in college at PCC and beyond. If you are looking to build or change your life, PCC is the best place to start!
- Education: I received a Bachelor’s Degree in Math with a minor in Computer Science in 2010, and I received a Master’s Degree in Student Affairs Administration in 2018, both from Lewis & Clark College.
- Favorite thing about PCC: Certainly the Queer Resource Centers! As an LGBTQ+ person, the queer and trans student experience is near to my heart. It’s awesome that the QRCs offer a safe space and institutional advocacy for LGBTQ+ students and allies! You’ll find me very enthusiastically supporting queer and trans students daily, but especially when juggling in the Pride Parade with the PCC float.
- When not at PCC: I love to sing, run, do yoga, and hang out with my spouse and cats. I’m also very close with my two sisters who live in LA!
971-722-6348 | firstname.lastname@example.org
I started working at PCC as an Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator at the Southeast Campus in February of 2019. Before joining PCC, I worked for 4 years at my alma mater, the University of Oregon, as the advisor for the First Year Interest Group Program where I helped coordinate academic support opportunities for first-year college students.
- Education: I received my Bachelor’s Degree in History and Ethnic Studies with a minor in Arabic Studies from the University of Oregon in 2014.
- Favorite thing about PCC: My favorite thing about PCC is how many different academic opportunities there are here. We offer over 100 degrees and certificates! Whether you want to be a musician, a mechanic, a pilot, or a public servant, PCC can help you on your path to becoming who you want to be.
- When not at PCC: I spend most of my time reading, riding my bike around the city, watching professional wrestling, listening to music, and obsessing over the NBA.
971-722-5291 | email@example.com
I have worked in higher education since 2002, including various positions in international education, academic advising, health programs, admissions and recruitment. I love my job working with students, helping to navigate the college admission process and achieve their educational goals. I look forward to meeting you!
- Education: I began my college education at Clatsop Community College where I completed an Associate of Arts Transfer degree and continued at Portland State University where I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology.
- Favorite thing about PCC: We have so many free support services and resources for students at PCC. Whether you’re coming to PCC directly from high school or you’re looking for career training opportunities later in life, you can be sure to find the resources at PCC to help you succeed in reaching your goals.
- When not at PCC: In my free time, I enjoy outdoor adventures including snowboarding, surfing, hiking, camping, backpacking and riding my bike.
971-722-8521 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello! My name is Teresa and I have been with PCC for over 20 years! I have worked in the Admissions and Recruitment area for over 10 years and I love what I do.
- Education: I earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Portland State University with additional coursework in PSU’s Postsecondary Adult and Continuing Education (PACE) program.
- Favorite thing about PCC: My favorite thing about PCC is there is something for everyone! Whether you are interested in earning a degree, certificate or just want to take a class for fun – PCC has options for you! We meet students where they are! PCC is a great place to explore your interests and get involved in and out of the classroom!
- When not at PCC: My time is spent with my family. The busy schedule of two teenagers keeps me going (and going), but I also make it a priority to take some time to watch a good movie or try new food!
971-722-8402 | email@example.com
Hello! My name is Roberto and I have worked at PCC for over 20 years, primarily in the areas of student services and support. I also have experience with workforce development, at-risk youth, and advising, as well as program management of the Oregon Promise Program at PCC. I am originally from San Juan, Puerto Rico and I’m fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Education: I earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy from Fordham University and a Master’s Degree in Educational Policy and Administration from Portland State University. I also enjoy taking classes occasionally at PCC for personal growth and development, specifically in Physical Education and Multimedia.
- Favorite thing about PCC: The variety and flexibility of courses. We make it easy for students to explore different interests and possibilities. And our online degrees and certificates provide flexibility and accessibility for all students, no matter where they are!
- When not at PCC: I enjoy time with my family and my dog, playing board games, watching and reading science fiction and fantasy, and running relay races. I also host a couple of podcasts and work at benefit auctions and fundraisers for schools and other non-profit organizations.
Matt Ogawa, Director of Admissions & Recruitment
971-722-8482 | firstname.lastname@example.org
With nearly fifteen years of experience in the admissions, I have worked multiple roles with responsibilities overseeing multicultural, local, statewide, and national recruitment efforts at different institutions. I’m proud to serve as the Director of Admissions and Recruitment at PCC (Go Panthers!). Recently, I served as the President of a 1900 member non-profit organization (PNACAC) that believes that every student should have access to informed and ethical college admissions counseling professionals and provides $10,000 in scholarships annually to students from across the region.
- Education: Dual-Credit Student at Treasure Valley Community College and Cochise Community College, Bachelor’s Degree in English from Oregon State University, Master’s in Educational Policy, Foundations and Administration from Portland State University.
- Favorite thing about PCC: The price. Year after year, students and families are being priced out of the rising costs of a higher education. With rising student debt, it’s more important than ever to be price-conscious and aware of the total cost of attendance. At PCC, tuition is currently $116 per credit for residents and students can save thousands of dollars by attending here first and then transferring (if that is the path for you) or go straight into the workforce by completing one of our career or technical programs. Also, look into the Oregon Promise. It can even help cover most of your tuition at PCC!
- When not at PCC: I just moved from Hawaii and used to spend my time at the beach, in the ocean and exploring the mountains but that has since been replaced by hiking the outdoor trails of Oregon and running the streets of Portland whenever I can. I enjoy exploring new restaurants, lazy Sundays, cooking and college football.
Ready to get started?
If you have already applied to PCC and have questions on the next steps to enrollment, please connect with our Enrollment Advisors by emailing email@example.com.