Preview days for high school students
Are you a high school student thinking about going to Portland Community College? Would you like to learn more about PCC’s excellent academic programs? Do you have questions about how to fulfill your college goals? Then PCC Preview Day is the event for you!
Portland Community College will be hosting a virtual event for high school students to participate in a brief introduction to our programs and services. During Preview Day, you will:
- Get valuable information on how to prepare to attend PCC
- Hear about programs, degrees, and certificates
- Spend time interacting with PCC faculty and staff
- Learn about financial aid and other scholarship opportunities
Breakout information sessions
- Academic options: Learn about some of the different university transfer and career technical degree options PCC offers in the following categories:
- Apprenticeships & Trades, Welding, Building Construction, Machine Manufacturing
- Auto Collision Repair, Auto Service Tech, Diesel Service, Aviation
- Bioscience Tech, Vet Tech
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Computer Information Systems, Computer Aided Design and Drafting
- Dental, Nursing, Medical Imaging
- Education, Child and Family Studies, Criminal Justice
- Emergency Medical Services, Fire Tech, Exercise Science
- Engineering, Microelectronics Technology, STEM Center
- Multimedia and Video Production, Sonic Arts
- University Transfer: Learn more about transferring to a University and some of the majors you can pursue including Art and World Languages.
- Paying for college: This session will focus on financial aid and other scholarship opportunities at PCC.
Preview Day schedule
- April 21, 10:30am-12pm, virtual
- 10:30am: Welcome Session
- 11am – 12pm: Information Sessions
- After event: Virtual Resource Fair emailed to each participant
Preview Days feature closed captioning for all sessions, as well as accessible electronic formats for all materials. If you need other disability related accommodation, please contact a PCC Outreach Coordinator at the admissions office numbers below at least 72 hours prior to the date of the event. For other disability related questions, please visit the Disability Services Virtual Lobby Monday through Thursday between 10am and 2pm.
Please feel free to contact one of our admissions offices for more information about Preview Days: