Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon Portland Community College


Due to limited funding, Portland Community College has closed the emergency grant application process.  All federal and state emergency relief funds have been awarded to students and emergency grants are not available for Summer 2022.

If you are in need of additional support, please see our “Get more help” resources below.

Get more help

  • For additional community resources available to students, see help with basic needs.
  • If you are interested in learning more about applying for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Benefits, visit SNAP and STEP or contact cp@pcc.edu to schedule an appointment.
  • If you’d like to connect with a PCC staff member for resource support, we have two options available:
    • You can email conductandcare@pcc.edu to connect to our Conduct and Community Support team, who provide support for accessing PCC processes and resources.
    • You can email gethelp@pcc.edu or call 971-722-6465 for support in accessing basic needs resources.

About emergency funds

Spring 2022 emergency grants

The Spring 2022 emergency grants through the PCC Foundation are different from the federal emergency grants that PCC has offered in previous terms. All of PCC’s federal emergency grants have been distributed to students and these funds are no longer available.

The HEERF grant

The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) provides funds to students for expenses related to the cost of attendance or emergency costs due to the disruption of the pandemic. The CARES, CRRSA, and ARP Acts direct colleges to distribute these funds to those with the greatest financial need. If you have questions about this grant, contact COVIDgrant-group@pcc.edu.

This grant does not need to be repaid.

Emergency funds and taxes

Receiving an emergency grant can have tax implications, and you may want to consult a tax advisor. You may need to report grants on your tax return:

  • HEERF Emergency Grant: does not need to be reported on tax returns. The IRS has given guidance on this – see HEERF tax info on IRS.gov.
  • GEERF Emergency Grant: the IRS has not given guidance on this – consult a tax advisor.