Curriculum Office – Degree and Certificate Revision
Existing AAS degrees and certificates undergo review and revisions under the oversight of the discipline/programs SAC. There are many reasons for revising a degree or certificate, they can be curricular changes or program changes, including:
- Change of course credit
- Addition, removal, or exchanging required courses in the course of study
- A degree or certificate outcome change
- Change in the total number of electives
- Change in total credits
- Program title change
- Program prerequisite change
- Change in status: open vs. limited enrollment
- Related instruction the initial submission and changes
The Revision Process
- Login into Courseleaf through the faculty tab in MyPCC. Click on the degree and certificate management link and do a search for the degree and certificate to be revised.
- Follow the prompts to complete the proposal
- Save and submit to workflow in Courseleaf for review and recommendation by the SAC Chair and Program Dean.
- Once the Program Dean has reviewed and recommended the item, it will be placed on the next available Degree and Certificate Committee Meeting.
- The Degree & Certificate Committee (DAC) may recommend the program for approval as proposed, amend the proposal and recommend or postpone for further review.
- Once recommended by the DAC, the program must be recommended by the Pathway Dean, EAC Chair, and Dean of Academic Affairs, and approved by the VP of Academic Affairs. The revision must then be approved by the state.
Other Curricular Items to Note:
- Consent Agenda Items (SACs can make these changes in Courseleaf; no committee approval is required)
- Course title change
- Course number change
- Addition or deletion of an elective
- Change in the number of pass/no pass credits other than the default
- Degree or certificate title change