Curriculum Office – Degree and Certificate Revision
Existing AAS degrees and certificates undergo review and revisions under the oversight of the discipline/programs SAC. There are many reasons for revising a degree or certificate, they can be curricular changes or program changes, including:
- Change of course credit
- Addition, removal, or exchanging required courses in the course of study
- A degree or certificate outcome change
- Change in the total number of electives
- Change in total credits
- Program title change
- Program prerequisite change
- Change in status: open vs. limited enrollment
- Related instruction the initial submission and changes
The Revision Process
- Login into Courseleaf through the faculty tab in MyPCC. Click on the degree and certificate management link and do a search for the degree and certificate to be revised.
- Follow the prompts to complete the proposal
- Save and submit to workflow in Courseleaf for review and recommendation by the SAC Chair and Program Dean.
- Once the Program Dean has reviewed and recommended the item, it will be placed on the next available Degree and Certificate Committee Meeting.
- The Degree & Certificate Committee (DAC) may recommend the program for approval as proposed, amend the proposal and recommend or postpone for further review.
- Once recommended by the DAC, the program must be recommended by the Pathway Dean, EAC Chair, and Executive Dean for Teaching & Learning Support, and approved by the VP of Academic Affairs. The revision must then be approved by the state.
Other Curricular Items to Note:
- Consent Agenda Items (SACs can make these changes in Courseleaf; no committee approval is required)
- Course title change
- Course number change
- Addition or deletion of an elective
- Change in the number of pass/no pass credits other than the default
- Degree or certificate title change