Information for in-person and remote instructors
2023-2024 instructor guide
The instructor guide includes important new information about remote and in-person operations.
In the classroom
1-on-1 class guidelines
Community Ed is pleased to be able to offer 1-on-1 classes with students who want customized, individualized instruction. Here are some guidelines and tips for teaching 1-on-1 classes with Community Ed.
Tips from fellow Community Ed instructors
- Engaging students – Tarot instructor Charlie Claire Burgess discusses “letting the silence exist” and how to get your students to engage in discussion.
- Using pre-recorded video – Visual arts instructor Leslie Barnum shares techniques for using pre-recorded videos to help demonstrate techniques during class.
Help answering student questions
PCC has resources to help you answer student questions.
- CED email and phone number: firstname.lastname@example.org, 971-722-6266
- Student account services: 971-722-8888, option 3 (help with bills, financial holds)
- Student enrollment services: 971-722-8888, option 2 (help with registration issues)
- CED suggested classroom ground rules
- Strategies for facilitating difficult conversations
- How to write a syllabus or course outline
Resources from the PCC Queer Resource Center
- Transgender 101 vocabulary video
- Pronouns 101 video
- How to talk about pronouns in the classroom
- Pronoun handout
- Hablando sobre personas que se identifican con un género otro que el de mujer u hombre
Using Argos for class rosters
The Argos system will help you run a roster of your classes that includes a list of students’ personal and PCC emails. Watch a video about how to use Argos.
Using Google Drive
Watch our video about how to access Google Drive with added quick links and share folders and files.
Other job-related information
PCC’s new class registration system
PCC has a new and simple way for students to register for Community Ed classes. Learn about the Community Ed registration system.
Inclement weather closure alerts
Classes are canceled if the college closes due to inclement weather.
- Sign up for PCC alerts
- Review PCC’s quick reference guide for instructional procedures during college closures. If you have any questions, please check with your Program Coordinator.
Using Chrome River for reimbursement requests
PCC uses Chrome River for instructors to submit receipts for reimbursements.