This content was published: March 27, 2020. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Spring 2020 UPDATED Virtual/Online Requirements for CBL
Posted by hannah.cherry
FOR FACULTY TEACHING CBL COURSES SPRING 2020
As you are shifting focus to Spring courses, we wanted to update you on the newest instructional policy for community-based learning. Any community engagement activities required to complete a community-based learning assignment/project must be 100% virtual/online. This is in line with the decision made to not allow other experiential learning (Coop Ed, Clinicals and Internships) to run unless there was a way to do it remotely.
We understand that this will impact many of you who were planning on incorporating opportunities to collaborate with mutual aid groups, neighbors, and/or NGOs providing essential services. It is important to consider if virtual/online community engagement is a good fit for your course at this time.
For those of you that are able to incorporate virtual/online community engagement, the Community-Based Learning Program is here to support you.
- 1-on-1 assistance
- Updated Online Resources
- Connecting with community partners for virtual/online community engagement
- Let us know your community engagement ideas and we can put a call out to community partners or help search for existing opportunities
- Utilize GivePulse to search for virtual/online community needs and opportunities for collaboration
Now is a good time to reach out and connect with our PCC CBL Community of Practice. Our CBL Faculty GivePulse group is one way to share ideas, ask questions, and to just provide each other support. Please reach out! Let us know what you need or even just use it as an opportunity to connect as we all work remotely.
– The CBL Team
HOW TO CHECK IF YOUR COURSE IS DESIGNATED AS CBL
- Navigate to PCC.GivePulse.com and login.
- In the top right corner, click “My Activity”,
- From that drop down menu, click “Classes” (If you do not see this menu option, none of your courses are designated as CBL)
Any courses you are teaching with a CBL component will be listed. If you do not see your course, please complete the