Campus Marketplace is a free service that allows you to buy a used textbook from another PCC student or list one of your own for sale.
Using Campus Marketplace
Don’t worry if you’re not buying a book for a class at Sylvania, Newberg, or Online. The Campus Marketplace applies to classes at all campuses and centers.
- Create an account on the PCC Bookstore website (if you haven’t already). This is different from your MyPCC account. Log in to the Bookstore website if you already have an account.
- Visit the Campus Marketplace website.
- Follow the instructions for posting a textbook for sale or purchasing a textbook below.
Posting a textbook for sale
- Click “Add Post” below the “PCC Bookstore Campus Marketplace” heading.
- Enter the ISBN in the Search by ISBN field (the ISBN is a 13 digit number located on the back of the textbook).
- Click “Search”. If the Textbook was found in the Bookstore database, the page will expand containing all the required information, including the textbook Title and Author, as well as the ISBN. An edition of the book may be displayed as well.
- Please review all information, including the edition you have. If this is the same book you want to sell, do the following:
- Click “Post this title.” A new page will be displayed containing the information about your book.
- Enter the amount you’d like to sell the book for in “Your price.”
- Under “Category,” use the dropdown to select the correct field (example: Math).
- Under “Enter extra information,” enter the textbook’s condition, and edition if different.
- When finished, click “Save Post.”
If someone is interested in purchasing your textbook, that person will contact you via email. Listings expire after 30 days.
Purchasing a textbook
If you are interested in purchasing a book, click on the email icon on the left side of the posting. Fill in the “Your message” area and click “Send Reply.” The student selling the book will reply to you via email.
Campus Marketplace listings will also show up under the related textbook in the Bookstore’s online ordering system.
Please note: The prices of the books listed in the Campus Marketplace are set by the student that is selling the book, and are not controlled by the Bookstore. The quality of items bought, sold, or traded cannot be guaranteed by the store. Items may not be in new condition, and supplemental materials may be missing. Be sure to contact the seller directly if you have questions about the content and quality of items.