To promote and encourage transit ridership, PCC has cost saving programs in place for both students and staff. TriMet tickets and passes are also available for purchase at all campus bookstores.
TriMet Student Select Pass: Fall 2014
Any student enrolled for three or more credit hours may purchase a “Student Select Pass”. This is an all-zone pass good for travel on TriMet from the date of purchase until the end of December, 2014. PCC will sell a limited number of these passes for $190 on a first come, first serve basis. Passes may be charged to your student account provided you are receiving financial aid and your student account is in good standing. College photo ID card is required when purchasing. Fall passes will go on sale beginning at 10am on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at all campus Student Account Services.
TriMet Faculty and Staff Passes
All PCC faculty and staff (including casual employees) can purchase a monthly TriMet bus pass on a pre-tax basis. For the average employee, this would reduce the cost by approximately 22%. Individual savings will depend on your income tax bracket. To participate in this program, or cancel out of the program, complete a pre-tax payroll deduction application and submit the completed form to Payroll Department. Applications, or cancellations, may be made at any time but must be received by Payroll prior to the 15th of each month to become effective by the following month.
Note: Neither PCC nor TriMet will be responsible for any lost or stolen passes and passes will not be replaced.
Routes from Washington to Cascade Campus
We have received requests from students who attend Cascade campus and live in Washington to post transit information about the best way to get to campus - so here you go! And students, don't forget: you can use your TriMet student select pass on C-Tran to PIR/EXPO!
- Ride C-Tran to the PIR/EXPO Yellow Line light rail station and then take the Yellow Line to Killingsworth. At Killingsworth, catch bus 72 to campus.
- OR -
- Drive to the PIR/EXPO Park n Ride lot, park for free, and then catch the Yellow Line to Killingsworth. At Killingsworth, catch bus 72 to campus.
Students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to use TriMet whenever possible. The following list give you the bus numbers that go to the various campuses and centers:
- 44, 78
- Rock Creek:
- 47, 52, 67
- 4, 44, 72, Max Yellow Line
- 4, 72
- Portland Metropolitan Workforce Training Center:
- 72, 75
- CLIMB Center for Advancement:
- 4, 7, 10, 14, 31, 32, 33, 41 (Bus stop is one block north on the Hawthorne Bridge)
- Washington County Workforce Training Center:
- 52, 59
- Hillsboro Center:
- 46, 57 Max Blue Line
- Willow Creek Center:
- 47, 48, 52, 59, 88, Max Blue Line, Columbia County Rider