To promote and encourage transit ridership PCC has cost saving programs in-place for both students and faculty staff. Tri Met tickets and passes are also available for purchase at all campus bookstores
Students: Winter Term 2014
Any student, enrolled for three or more credit hours, may purchase a “Student Select Pass”. This is an all-zone pass is good for travel on Tri-Met from the date of purchase until the end of March, 2014. For Winter Term, 2014 PCC will sell a limited number of these passes for $190 on a first come, first serve basis. Passes may be charged on a student's account with the college provided the student is receiving financial aid and the account is in good standing. College photo ID card required when purchasing the “Select” pass. Winter term passes will go on sale beginning at 10am on Thursday, December 19, 2013 at all campus Business Offices.
Faculty & Staff
PCC allows any faculty or staff member, including casual employees, to purchase a monthly Tri-Met bus pass on a pre-tax basis. For the average employee this would reduce the cost of the pass by approximately 22%. Individual savings will depend on an employee's income tax bracket. Employee's wishing to participate in this program, or cancel out of the program, must complete a pre-tax payroll deduction application and submit the completed form to Payroll Department. Applications, or cancellations, may be made at any time but must be received by Payroll prior to the 15th of each month to become effective by the following month.
Note: Neither PCC nor Tri-Met will be responsible for any lost or stolen passes and passes will not be replaced.
Washington Students & Staff
Parking & Transportation has received a request from students who attend Cascade campus and live in Washington, to post Transit information about the best way to get to campus - so here you go! And students, don't forget, you can use your TriMet student select pass on C-Tran to PIR/EXPO!
- Ride C-Tran to the PIR/EXPO Yellow Line light rail station and then take the Yellow Line to Killingsworth. At Killingsworth you can then catch bus 72 to campus.
- OR -
- Drive to the PIR/EXPO Park n Ride lot, park for free, and then catch the Yellow Line to Killingsworth. At Killingsworth you can then catch bus 72 to campus.
Students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to use Tri-Met whenever possible. The following list give you the bus numbers that go to the various campuses and centers:
- 44, 78
- Rock Creek:
- 47, 52, 67
- 4, 44, 72, Max Yellow Line
- 4, 72
- Portland Metropolitan Workforce Training Center:
- 72, 75
- Central Portland Workforce Training Center:
- 4, 7, 10, 14, 31, 32, 33, 41 (Bus stop is one block north on the Hawthorne Bridge)
- Washington County Workforce Training Center:
- 52, 59
- Hillsboro Center:
- 46, 57 Max Blue Line
- Willow Creek Center:
- 47, 48, 52, 59, 88, Max Blue Line, Columbia County Rider