Students interested in scholarships should examine the requirements and available scholarships from the PCC Scholarship webpage. Companies in the semiconductor industry occasionally also offer internships; you may find some by searching the company web sites.
In most years the MT program has access to scholarships and internships specifically targeted for students in the MT program. To be eligible, a student typically must:
- be enrolled in the MT program and taking classes
- have completed 15 to 60 credits toward the AAS MT degree
- maintain a satisfactory GPA (typically 2.5-3.0) in courses applicable to the degree
Applicants usually must provide an essay describing their qualifications, letters of recommendation, and for internships pass an interview. Other requirements may apply.
Available internships and scholarships are usually announced to current MT students during winter term.
Accepted applicants typically:
- work part-time (20 hours/week)
- must maintain full-time student status: 12 or more credits per term
- receive some tuition reimbursement and benefits
Examples of organizations that have offered MT students internships in the past:
- Maxim Integrated
- National Science Foundation, Space grant
Applicants typically must show financial need, and must complete a FAFSA form for financial aid
Examples of scholarships recently available to MT students
- National Science Foundation, STEM Scholarship
- Platt Electric