Our program begins during fall and summer terms only. Enrollment is limited and we advise students to register early. Students starting the program must enroll in three core Graphic Design courses: Graphic Design 1, Introductory Typography and Macintosh for Graphic Designers. If you pass these three courses with a "B" grade or better, you qualify to continue in the program. Our program is print-oriented, so you’ll be immersed in the world of print graphics, which provides a solid foundation in whatever media you use.
Our program also has a joint agreement that allows graduates to apply the Associate of Applied Science in Graphic Design toward a bachelor’s degree at Portland State University. Our advisory committee helps create curriculum and it fosters industry connections. It is composed of professionals working in the graphic design industry, including in-house advertising shops for major corporations and in advertising agencies.
- It is highly recommended that students:
- Attend a Graphic Design Program Information Session before contacting the program advisor.
- Before starting the program:
- The program has three prerequisite Graphic Design classes; GD 114, GD 101 and GD 120, which must be successfully completed with a "B" grade or better before continuing in the program Winter term." GD 114 and GD 101 will be offered Summer and Fall terms only. Enrollment is limited so plan to register as early as possible.
- While in the program, students must:
- Complete all first year graphic design courses with a "B" grade or better before gaining entrance to the second-year courses.