What is PCC-Pay?
PCC-Pay is the online system you will use to view and pay your bill, set up a payment plan and review your account activity. You get to PCC-Pay via the MyPCC Paying for College tab. With PCC-Pay, you can:
- Make a payment by eCheck (checking/savings) or bankcard (Visa/MC)
- Set up a college account payment plan
- View and pay your bill or authorize others to do it for you
- See your current account charges or billing history
- Get immediate email notification of all online activity
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question to get more information.
- How do I use PCC-Pay?
- Login to your MyPCC account, and click on the Paying for College tab. Look for the 'PCC-Pay link located under your account balance.
- Is there a fee for PCC-Pay services?
- There is a fee for payment plans, but all other services are free.
Accessing my eBill
- What is an eBill?
- An ebill is an electronic billing statement that shows the charges on your student account as of a particular date.
- When will I get an eBill?
- Ebills are sent weekly starting three weeks before term begins. You will access your ebill via the MyPCC Paying for College PCC-Pay link.
- How is my eBill delivered?
- Notification will be sent to your MyPCC email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of 'PCC eBill Delivery Notice'.
- What if I register after eBills are sent?
- Your payment will be due immediately and you will not receive a bill. Instead, your account balance will be displayed on the MyPCC Paying for College tab.
- * Can I get a paper copy of my bill?
- Yes. Just stop by any campus business office, or call the student helpline at 971-722-8888, option 3.
- Why is the amount on my eBill different than what I see online?
- The bill is a snapshot of your account as of a specific date and time. The amount will be different if any new charges or payments have been posted to your account after the bill was issued.
- * Can I get an ebill if I didn’t register using MyPCC?
- Yes, but only if you request it. To have your account set up to receive eBills, just call the student accounts unit at 971-722-4234 or send an email request to email@example.com.
- Are there exceptions to getting an ebill? Can I get a paper bill instead?
- All students who have registered using MyPCC will receive an ebill. You may request a paper bill by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the student accounts unit at 971-722-8888, option 3. Important! You must make a new request each time you want a paper bill to be mailed.
- If you have disability concerns or are otherwise unable to use a computer, you may complete an eBill Exemption Request Form. These forms will be reviewed by the Bursar’s office to determine if the request qualifies the student to receive paper bills on a temporary or permanent basis.
- Former and non-enrolled students, and students who have never registered using MyPCC will continue to receive paper bills. If you do want a paper copy of your bill, you can print a copy of your statement from your eBill, which gives you access to viewable and printable copies of your eBill for a 6 month period.
- Are ebills accessible to visually impaired students?
- Not at this point. However, printed bills are available upon request at the PCC Business Office.
Authorizing Others to Pay
- Can I authorize my parents, spouse or others to view and/or pay my bill online?
Yes. To authorize others to view and pay your bill, select the 'Authorized Users' option in PCC-Pay. Once the authorized payer is set-up, they will receive an email with the PCC-Pay link and the unique login name and password you set up. In addition to receiving ebill notices, your authorized payers will also receive an email any time you make a change to their accounts, and when they make a payment on your behalf. If you only want them to receive the bill, you can set them up as your secondary email address under 'User Preferences'. Important! Be sure to provide valid email addresses for your authorized payers.
- Can I set up my employer or financial sponsor as an authorized payer?
It depends. This may work for a small company or agency who is sponsoring fewer than five students. However, many area employers already have billing arrangements with the college. Please refer to third party billing webpage, and contact your employer to see if they already have billing arrangements with the college.
If your sponsor does not already have billing arrangements with the college. You may set them up as an authorized payer using PCC-Pay. To do so, login to MyPCC and select the Paying for College tab. Click on PCC-Pay: View/Pay your Bill. Select the 'Authorized Payer' link to assign them a user name and password. It will be your responsibility to update or delete the sponsor after they are done paying your bill.
- What if the person paying my bill doesn't have a computer?
- You can print a copy of the eBill and provide it to them. The detailed statement in PCC-Pay has the same information as a paper bill. Computers are available at each campus and at libraries throughout the community.
- What if the person I authorize to pay my bill forgets their password?
- You can reset the password online through PCC-Pay and a new one will be sent to your authorized payer by email. To do so, login to your MyPCC account and click the PCC-Pay link listed on the Paying for College tab.
- What information will my parent, spouse or other authorized payer see?
- People you authorize will be able to view their own payment information and history and your eBills and current account activity. They will not be able to see your enrollment, grades, financial aid or any payment information you have stored.
- Can I see my parents, spouse or authorized payers account information?
- No. Only the payer will be able to view their own confidential account information. In the interest of security and privacy, each user you authorize is assigned a separate login and password to access account and payment history.
- Can I delete access to a parent, spouse or authorized payer previously set up?
- Yes. Click on the View or Pay your Bill link on the Paying for College Tab of MyPCC. After you access your authorized payer list, you will see a delete button next to the name. An email notification will be sent to the payer.
- Does the email notification have to be sent to my MyPCC email account?
- Yes, since that is an official means of email communication for the College, however you may have all your MyPCC email forwarded to another email address.
- As a student, you need to check your MyPCC email account regularly. Emailed information is important to maintaining your relationship with the College. You are responsible for all information sent to you via your MyPCC email account. You may forward your MyPCC email but you are still responsible for reviewing all information sent. PCC will not be responsible for mail that does not reach the student when a forwarding address is changed or terminated, or for reasons such as "Mailbox Full".
Making a Payment
- How quickly would a financial hold be released if I pay online?
- Any financial hold on your account would be released immediately when you pay online, so long as you pay your account balance in full.
- Can I make a partial payment online?
- No. The college requires you to pay the full amount due but does offer convenient payment plans to make paying a bit easier. If you are expecting payment from another source that hasn't come in, you will need to contact the business office directly to make arrangements.
- Is it safe to pay online?
- Yes. Making payments using PCC-Pay is actually slightly safer than paying in person or by mail. Your data is encrypted and is certified by VeriSign, the nation's largest online payment verification provider. To protect your confidential information, PCC-Pay meets the highest level of Payment Card Industry standards enacted by Congress, including advanced intrusion detection and firewall systems. When you pay in person or by phone the cashier will enter the credit card number in the same online system as you would use.
- What types of payments can be made using PCC-Pay?
- You can pay online using a debit or credit card (Visa/MC) card or by eCheck. You can store your account information as a payment profile or enter it anew each time. Be careful! Payments rejected due to inaccurate account numbers, closed or invalid accounts, or insufficient funds are subject to a returned item fee.
- * Can I pay in person?
- Absolutely. All payment types are accepted at any of the campus business offices. However, did you know it may be safer to pay by credit card online? To protect your confidential account information, PCC-Pay meets the highest level of Payment Card Industry standards enacted by Congress, including advanced intrusion detection and firewall systems. For bankcard payments, cashiers use the same online system to process the payment as you would using PCC-Pay. Also, please keep in mind that if you pay by mail or in class, your payment information may be exposed to other people besides the cashier.
- Does the College charge a service fee online payments?
- No. There is no cost to pay your bill in full via PCC-Pay. However, there is a small fee to set up a payment plan.
- Can I tell which account I used to make my payment?
- Yes. You will be able to see the last 4-digits of the account number you set up to make the payment. This information is stored in your payment history. However, for your security no one, not even you or PCC staff, will be able to view the full account number once it has been entered.
- What is an eCheck?
An eCheck is an electronic withdrawal from a checking account or savings account. It is also known as an ACH (Automated Clearing House) payment. To pay by eCheck, you need to enter your banking information into the PCC-Pay system.
- * What if my eCheck is not returned unpaid or not set up correctly.
- Payments which are rejected due to inaccurate account numbers, closed accounts or insufficient funds are subject to the published returned item fee. You can store your bank account information as a payment profile or enter it anew each time you make an eCheck payment.
- * When will the eCheck payment post to my student account?
- The eCheck payment is posted to your student account immediately. Because they are posted immediately, eChecks also release financial holds when the account is paid in full.
- Can PCC accept eCheck payments from non-United States bank accounts?
- We are unable to accept payments from foreign bank accounts. All eCheck payments must be made from a bank account located in the U.S.
- * Can I use the checks that I get from my credit card company to make an eCheck payment?
- No. The credit card companies typically will not honor checks used electronically. The payment will be returned as "Account Not Found" and your student account will be charged a returned item fee. You may however use these checks to pay through the mail or in person. Always include the student's ID number on the check.
- * I don’t want to pay online. What are my other options?
At PCC, paying online is safer than most other payment methods, but it is optional.
To pay by phone, call 971-722-4234. To send a check or money order through the mail, please print a copy of the statement from eBill and send it along with the payment made payable to:
Portland Community College
Business Office (SY CC 210)
PO Box 19000
Portland, OR 97280-0990
You may also pay in person at any campus business office. Offices are generally open from 10am to 6pm M-Th, and 8am to 4pm on Friday, with an hour closure at 1pm for lunch. Hours at Washington County WTC are Tuesdays only from 2-6pm.
- * Can I pay by credit card?
- Yes, PCC accepts Visa and Mastercard. You may pay by either eCheck or credit card on PCC-Pay or at any campus business office.
- * Does PCC accept payments over the phone?
- Yes, to pay by phone please call 971-722-8888, option 3 between 9am and 4pm. You may pay using your bank account (eCheck) or credit card (Visa/MC). Keep in mind, when you pay by phone the cashier will enter your payment information using the same online system as students who pay online.
- * What if I don't know my MyPCC email address or password?
Log on to my.pcc.edu and follow the prompts to set up your MyPCC account and password. If you continue to have difficulty, please call the Student Help Desk at 971-722-8222.
- * I can't remember my login or password for MyPCC - what should I do?
- Login help is available on at: https://my.pcc.edu/pcc/loginhelp/ or by calling 971-722-8222.
- As an authorized payer, what do I do if I have forgotten my password?
- Please contact the student to have him or her reset the password for you. After the password has been reset, an email notification will be sent to you with a new system generated password. You will be asked to change this password the next time you login.
- I am having problems printing the bill - why does it look different on paper?
- The electronic bill may not print properly on printers with postscript drivers. To solve this issue, you may use a different printer that does not have postscript drivers, or install a PCL print driver for your printer. For help, please call the Student Help Desk at 971-722-8222.