Tag Archive for "accessibility"
PCC offering free MOOC for online educators
- Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (#WAMOE) Registration opens today! Free 5 week course from October 20 to November 22. WAMOE! We are excited to announce that PCC’s Distance Education department is partnering with D2L to offer a free Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (Twitter hashtag: #WAMOE). This MOOC provides educators with practical, hands-on […]
Posted September 29, 2014
Screen reader users are standing by…
- Have a PCC Accessibility technician review your course with a screen reader to make sure the content is available to students using assistive technology (AT).
Posted July 28, 2014
Jot down a quick, accessible equation (or formula)
- Quickly jot down equations by hand and get the cleanly generated MathML or LaTeX version of the equation to paste in to a discussion.
Posted July 21, 2014
The era of mobile learning: a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning (part 1)
- This is the era where everyone is surrounded by technology. Do you see students around you using their tablets or smartphones to check their emails or do homework waiting at the bus stop? I rely heavily on my phone with my daily schedule and am always checking my messages and emails at least one every hour. There is a rapid rise of students accessing and completing coursework through mobile applications on devices, such as smartphones, tablets, or other devices. It is truly a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning.
See the growth in users accessing our PCC Desire2Learn (D2L) website with mobile devices vs. computers from Google Analytic data. Learn how to create a mobile-friendly course. It’s the real power of mobile learning, learning at your fingertip.
Posted June 2, 2014
Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2014
- Distance Ed (and others) are celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2014.
Posted May 15, 2014
Another successful Subject Area Accessibility Study concludes!
- Faculty from CIS, CAS, and CS have finished a term-long study of accessibility issues unique to their disciplines. See what they learned from their work.
Posted April 28, 2014
Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Accessibility
- Get information on Open Educational Resources (OERs) that support accessibility and reduce costs for students through these free webinars.
Posted March 6, 2014
Accessibility Handbooks Available!
- Get a handy guide for making accessible content for your online course.
Posted January 28, 2014
The second Subject Area Accessibility Study starts today!
- The second Subject Area Accessibility Study starts today! We have 3 faculty investigating the best ways to make graphical interfaces and visual information in online courses accessible. Susan Watson from Computer Applications Gayathri Iyer from Computer Science Marc Goodman from Computer Information Systems The study is supported by Instructional Support/Distance Learning, Disability Services and the […]
Posted January 7, 2014
Publishers and the (in)accessibility of their online materials
- Educational content must be accessible to all students. What does accessible mean, and what questions should I ask my publisher?
Posted November 18, 2013