Diversity, equity and inclusion, and YESS
Our robust efforts supporting diversity, equity and inclusion will be applied to YESS initiatives through:
- Increased intercultural competency training for staff and students, particularly focused on Critical Race Theory in education
- Implement, recognize and increase practices, training and professional development related to culturally responsive teaching.
- Support and increase specific practices and policies aimed at reducing opportunity gaps; including the Men of Color and Pathways to Opportunity initiatives.
For example, the advising redesign work group intends to:
- Consider the experiences of minority students and their help-seeking behaviors
- Use Critical Race Theory to inform decisions
- Improve advising to reach all students and strengthen the cultural competence of advisors
- So that engagement with quality academic advising reduces opportunity gaps for under-represented students
For more information about diversity, equity and inclusion at PCC, see these web pages:
- District Leaders of Diversity Council
- Office of Equity and Inclusion
- Diversity and inclusion resources
Tell us what you think
Submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.