The Web Team launched the current MyPCC portal in summer 2016.
- Upgrade MyPCC from Luminis 4 to the new Luminis 5 system.
- Update the MyPCC template to optimize it for viewing on mobile devices.
- Update MyPCC’s logo, colors, and typography to match the college’s new visual identity.
- Use modern standards and technology to better support future efforts, including:
- Web standards (HTML5, CSS3, WAI-ARIA), Framework (Foundation), Repository (Git)
- Improve accessibility throughout.
- Update Course Tools and Sites to the new Luminis 5 version.
- Implement single sign-on, account claim, account management, and recovery.
- Better align with recent branding, add school spirit.
- Enhance usability across multiple platforms and devices.
Designs go through a long process and many iterations before they go into development and eventually go live. Below are some examples of the MyPCC interface through the design process.