To be a nationally recognized standard for Higher Education Information Technology organizations by providing predictable, quality and cost-effective service to Portland Community College and driving excellence in education through technology innovation.
Enable Student Success
We leverage technology, innovation and the passion of our employees to support opportunity & equitable student success.
Optimize Enterprise Architecture
By making the right technology and investment choices through intentional design practices, we ensure our solutions are optimally aligned to stakeholder need and are intelligently architected, maintainable, sustainable, equitable and inclusive.
Secure the Institution
The privacy and protection of our students, faculty, and staff is our primary concern. We achieve this by executing a pro-active and ongoing strategy against all forms of cyber attack. In doing so, we protect the institution from risk and ensure regulatory compliance.
Deliver Operational Excellence
We embrace a culture of process efficiency, productivity and client service. We strive for district-wide consistency of internally and externally facing IT services while being agile enough to support local needs.
IT encompasses diverse teams with a wide array of talent, expertise, and knowledge across the spectrum of technology in use at PCC. While our focus is technology, IT teams greatly value the relationships built while contributing to the overall success of faculty and staff at PCC.
Office of the CIO – Incorporates business and support services for the IT department. IT Administrative Support staff coordinate these activities and provide logistical support to all of IT.
- Information Security – includes a manager and cybersecurity specialist who are technical experts in the area of cybersecurity and the tools and processes required to protect PCC’s cyber assets and its user community. They continually monitor our systems and services and manage the response to any threats.
- Project Management Office – includes a manager, coordinator, lead buyer and buyer who are responsible for purchasing technology and providing an accurate, visible, and transparent IT Portfolio in order to use data to make outcome-driven decisions and consistently meet client expectations.
- Enterprise Architect – by mapping how human and technical systems use information in relation to the College’s mission, and how that use will change as those systems evolve, the Enterprise Architecture office offers insight into how best to design and plan the College’s IT resource investments.
Infrastructure Services Division – includes Telecommunications, Network Infrastructure, Server Admin, and the Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Infrastructure and Voice Services – supporting inside/outside plant, VoIP and telephony services
- Network Infrastructure – supporting all WAN (Wide Area Network), LAN (Local Area Network), routing, switching, firewall, and intrusion prevention services
- Server Admin – supporting a ~600 Windows/Unix/Linux server environment
- Operations – incident response and continuous monitoring of the entire IT environment
Application Services Division – includes Banner Support, Web Development, and Applications Support and Development.
- Banner – a manager and team of developers supporting the College’s ERP system
- Web Services – supports all aspects of PCC’s online content
- Enterprise Applications – led by a manager, this team provides business process analysis and builds applications in support of college services and departments
Client Services Division – includes Campus Technology Support, Service Desk & Communications, Media Services, and Media Production:
- Campus Technology Support – led by Campus Managers and include local campus teams supporting the computers in your workspace and classrooms. You may work with them when you’re getting a new computer installed or having difficulty with your current computer, printer or other technology issues. Campus Managers are located at Sylvania, Cascade, Rock Creek, and Southeast and their teams provide services for all campuses and centers throughout the district.
- Customer Support and Communications – if you have a problem or need assistance, start with us.
- IT Service Desk – have a computer issue? Let the IT Service Desk solve it over the phone! We have a talented team with a variety of skill sets, and we are here to help you.
- Training – we provide support, training, and resources to help employees build skills in PCC enterprise systems and office computing.
- Media Services – provides all audio-visual support necessary in conference rooms and classroom to facilitate the instructional goals of PCC. Our priority is to support classroom technologies first and all other users on an as-available basis.
- Media Production – supports PCC’s cable channel 27, rich media lecture capture, special event productions, and administrative video production.