This content was published: October 3, 2019. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Southeast: October 1, 2019
Posted by Web Team
Safety alert: indecent exposure near Southeast Campus
Portland Community College (PCC) Department of Public Safety would like to alert the Southeast Campus community regarding an indecent exposure that reportedly occurred on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at approximately 5:40pm at SE 80th and Grant St., which is located west of campus parking lot C.
According to the reporting party, a Southeast Campus student, she was walking in the area when the suspect flashed his genitals at her from across the street. She yelled at him that she was calling the police and he left the area on foot, northbound on 80th, without further incident. Public Safety was notified following the incident and checked the area for the suspect. He was not located.
The suspect is described as an older white male in his 60s with a bushy white beard. He was wearing a tan cap, gray button-up top over a white t-shirt and light blue jeans. The incident remains under investigation and Public Safety is increasing patrols in the area.
Public Safety would like to remind everyone of the following safety tips:
- When possible, always walk with another person.
- Remain alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Try to remain in well-lit, busy, and populated areas.
- If confronted by a flasher, try to leave the situation as quickly and calmly as possible, without giving him the reaction he seeks.
- If the flasher comes toward you, yell for help, and run toward safety.
- Call Public Safety at 071-722-4902 for an escort if you feel unsafe.
Anyone with information regarding this incident can call Public Safety at 971-722-4902 or the Portland Police non-emergency number at 503-823-3333.