Southeast: September 25, 2019
Posted by Web Team
Safety alert: attempted robbery and sexual assault at Southeast Campus
PCC Department of Public Safety would like to alert the SE Campus Community regarding a sexual assault and attempted robbery that reportedly occurred on Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at approximately 8pm in parking lot D.
According to the reporting party, a SE Campus student, she was walking to her car when two subjects approached her and forced her to the ground. One suspect attempted to grab her purse while the second suspect inappropriately touched her. The student reported that she screamed, and the men fled the scene. Afterwards she got into her car and left. Public Safety was notified Friday morning, 9/27/19 of the incident as well as Portland Police.
Both suspects are described as black males one wearing a black sweatshirt and the other a red jacket. The incident remains under investigation and surveillance video is being retrieved to assist in identifying the suspects.
Public Safety would like to remind everyone of the following safety tips:
- When possible always walk with another person.
- Remain alert and aware of your surroundings.
- If you feel you are being followed, walk toward a building, office or other safe space.
- Try to remain in well lit, busy and populated areas.
- Have keys ready in your hands & inside your pocket to avoid searching for them later.
- Be cautious of anyone who stops and asks you questions and trust your instincts.
- Call Public Safety at 971 722 4902 for an escort if you feel unsafe.
Anyone with information regarding this incident can call Public Safety at 971-722-4902 or the Portland Police non-emergency number 503-823-3333.