Apply to Medical Laboratory Technology
To join this program, you must apply for admission. This moderately competitive program accepts 20-24 students every fall term. We usually receive about 35-40 applications for these spots. The selection process is based on a point system – see below.Questions? Schedule a visit or talk with a program advisor.
How to apply
Apply to PCC
Applying to PCC is free and only takes a few minutes. Complete this step as soon as possible so you can start using PCC resources.
Apply to PCC angle right
Term you want to start Apply to Medical Laboratory Technology Fall 2024 March 11 – May 3, 2024
All prerequisite classes must be passed with a grade “C” or above by the end of spring term. If you have met the core requirements of any of these classes at other colleges, contact email@example.com to have your transcripts unofficially evaluated.
- WR 121: English Composition
- MTH 95: Intermediate Algebra
- CH 104, 105 and 106: Allied Health Chemistry (will also accept CH 221-223)
- BI 121 and 122: Intro Human Anatomy/Phys I and II (will also accept BI 231-233 or BI 211-213)
- MLT 110: Introduction to Medical Lab Technology (for Fall 2024 admission this class will not be required. Instead, applicants will be required to complete a zoom information session this spring. More information to be updated here this winter. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions).
Check basic qualifications
This program includes or requires educational experiences that take place in clinical/field environments. The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) Public Health Division requires students in clinical/field environments to comply with vaccination requirements, including COVID-19 vaccination. Students are also required to pass a criminal background check and drug screenings. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Write answers to the following questions. Each response should be 200-400 words. You’ll submit these with your application, below. Be sure to include examples to support each response. Need a bit of support to get your ideas from your thoughts to the paper? The career center at Cascade Campus can help. Make an appointment for some guidance, a bit of proofreading and idea brainstorming. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-722-5600 and ask for an appointment with Tanya Maldonado.
- Essay question 1: Essay question 1: Adaptability, task management, and troubleshooting / problem solving are important attributes for success in this program. Choose one of these attributes and explain why you consider it a strength.
- Essay question 2: Explain why you think a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion are important to a successful career in healthcare?
The application for Fall 2024 will be available March 11 – May 3, 2024.
After you apply
You’ll be notified about your application status by one month after the close of the application period. Check your MyPCC email: all communication is done through your PCC email account.
If you have been accepted into the program, you will be invited to a mandatory, face to face orientation on September 13.
How are applicants selected?
Students will receive admission points for grades in prerequisite classes and a variety of short answer essay questions:
- Prerequisite coursework GPA – 15 points max
- Essay question 1: Program success attributes – 20 points max
- Essay question 2: Diversity, equity, and inclusion – 20 points max
For detailed information on the point system, see the printable admissions advising guide.
Applicants who qualify, but do not have the top points for admission will be notified of their status as a program alternate. Often, alternates are eventually selected for the program. Alternates will be listed in order of points, and in the case of applicants receiving the same points, the order of applications were received by admissions.