Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon Portland Community College

Frequently asked questions

How do I declare Geography as my major?

If you plan to transfer to a four-year university as a Geography student, you can declare your major to be the Associates of Art Oregon Transfer, which provides an opportunity for students to complete lower-division degree requirements at PCC. Talk with an advisor on how to take Geography specific classes to be ready to transfer as a Geography major at a four-year university.

Can I take Geography classes online?

Many of our Geography classes are offered both on-campus and online. Check the current class schedule to find out what is offered online each term.

What are my career options as a Geographer?

There are many career options for Geographers! Check out these resources that will help you understand the various jobs that Geographers hold: