Setting due dates and late submission dates for an assignment
Setting up the due dates for the assignment shows your students the time frame in which they are required to complete their work and marks any late assignments.
- What is required: A D2L Brightspace course and an Assignment folder
- Go to the Assignment link from the course navbar.
- Locate the Assignment under Assignment folder that you plan to set the due and submission dates in.
- Click on the action menu next to the folder name and choose Edit from the action menu.
- Select Restriction tab and you will see 3 sets of dates under Availability section.
Note: You don’t have to use all 3 dates, they are optional.
- Check the Has Start Date box and select the date and time for the Start Date. This Assignment (Submission Folder) will become available to your student after that date.
- Check the Has Due Date box and select the date and time for the Due Date. This Assignment will still be available for your students after the Due Date, but submissions uploaded past that date will be marked as Late when seen under the Folder Submission view.
- Check the Has End Date box and select the date and time.This Assignment will be not available for your students past this End Date.
- Click the Save button to save the changes. Clicking on the Save and Close button will save your changes and will bring you back to the list of Folders in your Dropbox area.
- Add restrictions to an Assignment (availability dates, release condition [start at 1:35], and special access [start at 2:05])