The Quizzes tool enables you to create and manage points-measured assessments. You can use the Quizzes tool as a way for you to assess your students or collect an assignments that can be auto graded or manual grading by you. As part of your quantifiable assessment procedures, you can use quizzes to help evaluate users’ learning progress and learning outcomes. Create and manage quiz questions from the Question Library or the Quizzes tool, and organize quizzes into categories to make it easier to find assessments with similar or related content. Use the quiz preview option to test the accuracy of content and grading before you release a quiz. In a preview, you can answer the questions, view allowed hints, submit the quiz, auto-grade answers, read feedback, and view report results. Once you receive completed quizzes from learners, you can view quiz statistics such as grade distribution, grade average, question statistics, and user statistics on the Statistics page.
Creating a quiz requires multiple steps, including naming the quiz, setting point values, determining how many attempts a student gets, restrictions on the quiz, and what results the student sees after the quiz is submitted.
- What is required: A D2L Brightspace course in which you would like to create quizzes
Note about the New Quiz Experience:
On March 28, the New Quiz Experience was turned on as an OPTIONAL choice when you create quizzes. Later in the Summer, on June 20, the New Quiz Experience will become the DEFAULT. At this time, the old quiz experience will become *NO LONGER* be available. Please review the New Quiz Experience page with additional information on this change.
View the D2L documentation:
Create a quiz using the current experience
- overview of question types
- create a quiz with new questions
- create a quiz with imported questions
- populate a quiz with questions from Question Library
- create a new quiz using the Quiz Builder
- customize question delivery using Quiz Builder
Create a quiz using the New Quiz Experience
- Create a new quiz
- Creating new questions
- Importing Questions
- Creating random sections in quizzes
- Creating quiz sections
- Editing a quiz question
- Editing a question in an active quiz
Add restrictions to a quiz
Prevent cheating in quizzes
To help prevent cheating in quizzes, you can do the following or watch video tutorial on how to shuffle questions to prevent cheating:
- On the Edit Quiz page, in the Optional Advanced Properties area, select Disable right click.
- On the Edit Quiz page, in the Optional Advanced Properties area, select Disable Instant Messages and alerts –> not recommended!!!
Note: if you have this option checked and take the quiz as a student, but did not submit the quiz, you will not be able to use the email function in the Classlist to send emails to your students
- Incorporate question pools or random sections into your quizzes to distribute unique sets of questions to users.
- On the Edit Quiz page, in the Quiz Questions area, select Shuffle questions at the quiz level.
- On the section creation page, select Shuffle questions in this section.