December 2021 Highlights
Posted by Donna Swanson
December 2021 Highlights
D2L Brightspace updates for December 2021 – This will be installed on Thursday, December 23rd, 2021.
This month’s updates for D2L Brightspace Include:
- Online Rooms being renamed to Zoom in the navbar
- Assignments – New assignment creation experience universally enabled | Updated
- Brightspace Editor – Hotkey shortcut to Brightspace Editor source editor | New
- Brightspace Learning Environment – Alerts in the minibar persist for 90 days | Updated
- Brightspace Learning Environment – Support for surname prefixes during sort function | Updated
- Content – Updated count and overdue badges | New
- Course Import/Export – Import and export intelligent agents | New
- Discussions – Consistent evaluation experience | Updated
- Discussions – Consolidated dates ON by default | Updated
- Quizzes – Improved language terms | New
Online Rooms being renamed to Zoom
Based on feedback from faculty and students (and to reduce confusion), we will be renaming the Online Rooms link in the default navigation to just “Zoom.” This will hopefully reduce confusion and will make the navbar just a little shorter. This change will occur on December 31st.
Assignments – New assignment creation experience universally enabled | Updated
This feature sets the new assignment creation experience to ON by default. This will mean that the classic assignment experience will no longer be available.
Details of the New assignment creation experience can be found here; the differences between classic to new assignment creation experiences can be found here.
Brightspace Editor – Hotkey shortcut to Brightspace Editor source editor | New
This feature adds a new hotkey shortcut in the Brightspace Editor to access the source editor. Previously, the source editor was unavailable by a hotkey shortcut.
The hotkey shortcut is:
- Windows: Ctrl+Shift+E
- Mac: Command+Shift+E
This feature addresses the following accessibility criteria: WCAG 2.1 Success criterion 2.1.4 Character Key Shortcuts
Brightspace Learning Environment – Alerts in the minibar persist for 90 days | Updated
With this release, the Messages, Subscriptions, and Updates icons in the minibar contain alerts from the last 90 days. Previously, the alerts only persisted for 7 days.
The way these alerts display to users has not changed: when you click one of the icons, the 5 most recent alerts appear in the dropdown. When you click Load More, 5 more alerts appear.