Accessibility First Employment Week
Join us October 17-21, 2022
Students, join us for this hybrid recruiting event with an emphasis on connecting students with employers who are actively hiring for internships and full-time jobs.
Questions? Contact us!
Let us help you build an inclusive talent pipeline – visit our page for employers.
- Attend workshops that will equip you with valuable information to navigate your career pathway
- Meet with recruiters from local employers
- Get connected with Career Services to have your resume reviewed and critiqued
- The first 100 students that register receive a swag bag
- Chance to win door & raffle prizes
Schedule: October 17-21, 2022
The event consists of virtual workshops for employers and student/job seekers and then culminates with an in person job fair on October 21 at Willow Creek from 10am-2pm.
Monday, October 17:
- Welcome to Accessibility First Week: 3-4pm – Kick off the week with a welcome and overview of what you can expect this week. Presented by: Kaela Parks, Director of Accessible Ed and PJ Golden, Delta Alpha Pi President
Tuesday, October 18:
- Linking Up With LinkedIn: 3-4pm
Learn how to access the tools of LinkedIn to maximize your job search success. Presented by: Corbin C., Boly Welch
- The ABC’s of Job Applications: 5:30-7pm
This webinar will help you develop a strategy to make job applications less stressful. Presented by: Chartisha Roberts, Legacy Health
Wednesday, October 19:
- Preparing for that Interview: 3-4pm
Hear from a job recruiter what they want to see from an applicant in an interview. Presented by: Darci Holt, Providence Health Systems
- Building That Resume: 5:30-7pm
Your resume is that first impression moment. Learn how to create a resume that gets you the interview. Presented by: Tanya Maldonado, PCC Career Services
Thursday, October 20:
- Panel Discussion: Real Life Experience of Employees With Disabilities: 1-2:30pm
Hear from people with disabilities as they answer questions about their workplace experience, if they need accommodations and how to self-advocate. Facilitated by: Katy Gorevin, Accessible Ed
- Elevate Your Elevator Pitch: 3-4pm
Get tips on formulating that opening conversation that connects you with potential employers. Presented by: Grace Corrigan, INCIGHT
- Tips & Tricks for Attending a Job Fair: 5:30-7pm
It’s the night before the big day! Review that last minute checklist to make sure you are ready for the fair to network and meet recruiters. Presented by: Katy Gorevin, Accessible Ed
Friday, October 21:
- Job Fair at the Willow Creek Opportunity Center and online: 10am-2pm
Dress up, bring your resume and your winning attitude!
See who see who you can connect with! Companies that will be attending this event:
Registration for this event has closed.