VoiceThread is a voice collaboration tool within the Brightspace learning management system (LMS). You can create, upload, and share media presentations, documents, images, audio, and video. You can do interactive video commenting, annotating, and comment moderation using a microphone, webcam, text, telephone, or audio-file upload. You can keep a VoiceThread private to use it as an individual assignment or share it with the class.
VoiceThread New Assignments are here!
- VoiceThread Guide for Instructors
- VoiceThread Guide for Students
- VoiceThread Live Workshop Archive
- VoiceThread for Mobile App
- How to use NEW VoiceThread Assignment for Instructors
- How to submit new VoiceThread Assignment for Students
Recorded Training Workshops
- New VoiceThread Assignment Features Workshop
Learn how to turn new assignments on for your courses and begin using them with your students. You can review all of the workflows, new features, and options for your VoiceThread assessments.
- Using VoiceThread in D2L Brightspace
Learn how to create VoiceThreads and then add them to your D2L/Brightspace course as lessons or assessments.
- VoiceThread Basics 1: Upload, Comment, Share
Learn how to upload media, comment and annotate on that media, and share it with others. This is a slow paced, step-by-step, hands-on workshop.
- VoiceThread Basics 2: Groups and Secure Sharing
Learn how to create groups and subgroups, set sharing permissions within those groups, and privately share VoiceThreads with individuals.
- VoiceThread Basics 3: Moderating comments, private and threaded replies, and copying
Learn how to use comment moderation to formatively assess student work, give private feedback, use threaded commenting, and copy VoiceThreads for use with multiple groups.
- VoiceThread and Unversal Design for Learning
Learn how VoiceThread can help educators provide multiple means of engagement, representation, action and expression for their courses. Participants will learn how to use VoiceThread’s multi-modal communication platform, closed captioning features, and VoiceThread Universal to design accessible lessons.
- VoiceThread Advanced Skills
Learn about more advanced VoiceThread features. We will demonstrate how to integrate Google Drive content via our Media Sources, how to change language displays, adjust playback settings and more. Portions of the workshop is hands-on.
- Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread
Creating engaging online courses is not easy. In many discussion-board based courses, students feel isolated and disconnected from their instructors and classmates. VoiceThread bridges the gaps in social presence typically found in online courses. Learn how to establish a social presence and connect with their students using VoiceThread to improve course satisfaction and student learning.
Contact an ITS to schedule a one-on-one training.
- VoiceThread Overview Workshop (Overview of VoiceThread, including reasons to use, how to upload media, comment using text, audio or video, and how to share with students through D2L, presented by PCC Online Learning Staff)
- VoiceThread Oscar Nominees for Best Picture 2020 (example from PCC Online Learning staff and faculty mentors)
- VoiceThread Digital Library – collection of VoiceThread projects use in various grades including Higher Education, or based on subject areas
- VoiceThread is integrated with Brightspace. (Note: You will need an active Brightspace course shell to use VoiceThread.)