Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer, and PCC is a qualifying employer.
You may qualify for loan forgiveness by:
- Working for a qualifying employer
- PCC is a qualifying employer
- Other public institutions may also qualify
- Working full-time at a qualifying employer
- You may combine your hours from multiple qualifying employers
- Have Direct Loan
- Or consolidate other federal student loans into a Direct Loan
- Repay your loans under an income-driven repayment plan
- Make 120 qualifying payment
For more information, please go to the Federal Student Aid page.
The PSLF Application is also available from the Federal Student Aid page.
Forms should be submitted to Benefits-Group@pcc.edu. Questions may also be submitted to Melissa Morton, Benefits-Group@pcc.edu. PSEC will return the completed document to you so that you may complete the process. Once you receive our completed page, please send all appropriate pages of the form to your loan service provider that you’re working with or as per the studentaid.gov website instructions.
If your servicer is using an electronic service (that will submit the form to us as a link) please make sure that they are sent to email@example.com.
Please note: In 2021 Oregon passed HB 3255, followed by SB 1572 in 2022. This legislation changes the hours calculation for instruction to include an additional 3.35 hours per 1 hour of instruction, effective retroactively.