Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer, and PCC is a qualifying employer.
You may qualify for loan forgiveness by:
- Working for a qualifying employer
- PCC is a qualifying employer
- Other public institutions may also qualify
- Working full-time at a qualifying employer
- You may combine your hours from multiple qualifying employers
- Have Direct Loan
- Or consolidate other federal student loans into a Direct Loan
- Repay your loans under an income-driven repayment plan
- Make 120 qualifying payment
For more information, please go to the Federal Student Aid page.
The PSLF Application is also available from the Federal Student Aid page. If FedLoan Servicing is already your servicer, you may upload your PSLF form on FedLoan Servicing’s website
Forms should be submitted to HRIS-Group@pcc.edu. Questions may also be submitted to Dawn Hoyt, HRIS-Group@pcc.edu. Human Resources will return the completed document to you so that you may complete the process by sending the form to:
U.S. Department of Education
P.O. Box 69184
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9184
You may also fax your PSLF form to 717-720-1628
Please note: In 2021 Oregon passed HB 3255, followed by SB 1572 in 2022. This legislation changes the hours calculation for instruction to include an additional 3.35 hours per 1 hour of instruction, effective retroactively.