This content was published: August 28, 2019. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Career Development Workshops – Fall 2019
Posted by matt.coleman1
POD will be hosting several professional development opportunities this fall with facilitator Rachel Falk. Please sign-up for these sessions using the included links to MyCareer@PCC.
The sessions scheduled are:
Interview Skills Workshop
Course Description: This is a 90-minute nuts and bolts workshop where you will learn how to best prepare for an interview so you stand out from the competition.
- Learn Common Interview Formats and Processes
- Review Commonly Asked Questions and Best Responses
- Prepare and Practice to Gain Confidence and Be Yourself!
- Tuesday October 8, 2019 from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm Southeast Campus
For more information, visit the Interview Skills Workshop event page in MyCareer@PCC.
Take the CliftonStrengths online assessment to discover what you naturally do best and learn how to develop your greatest talents.
Learning outcomes for this training:
- Learn the 34 CliftonStrengths and get a personalized report on your top 5 strengths
- Explore how you currently use your strengths in both work and personal life
- Increase your current job performance and satisfaction by using your strengths
- Practice speaking and writing about your strengths with specificity and clarity
- Get tips on how to articulate your strengths in meetings, cover letter, resume, job search and the interview process
***Please note: this workshop will require pre-work of taking a 1-hour online assessment prior to class. This is a beginners class for individuals who have never taken the Clifton Strengths (formerly Strengthfinder) assessment***
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm at Cascade Campus
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm at Rock Creek Campus
For more information, visit the StrengthsFinder event page in MyCareer@PCC.
Course Description: This is a 90-minute nuts and bolts workshop where you will learn best practices for resume writing and have time to make updates to your resume during class.
- Learn popular resume formats
- Practice writing Accomplishment Statements to bring your work experience to life
- Acquire tools and tips to get your resume (and you!) seen as an eligible candidate
- Thursday, October 17, 2019 from 2:00 – 3:30 pm at Sylvania Campus
For more information, visit the Resume Workshop event page in MyCareer@PCC.
About Rachel Falk
Rachel Falk is a Career and Personal Development Counselor and an experienced trainer in areas of career development. She helps employees, students and entrepreneurs navigate career transitions. She has worked as a career development specialist at Oregon Health and Science University, Portland Community College and Clark College. Currently, Rachel is a Faculty Counselor at Mt. Hood Community College where she works as a career and mental health counselor and an instructor in the Human Development department, as well. Rachel holds a masters degree from Portland State University in Clinical Mental Health and Rehabilitation Counseling, a specialized credential to serve individuals with disabilities. She is a National Certified Counselor (NCC), a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Practitioner and Strong Interest Inventory Practitioner. Prior to becoming a Career and Personal Development Counselor, Rachel developed and managed a successful creative marketing communications firm for more than a decade in Portland, OR, named Dojo Agency.