The Paragon Gallery is an educational and community space located in PCC’s Paragon Arts Resource Building along with PCC Cascade’s printmaking and future FabLab. We are committed to exhibiting work of high artistic quality and cultural relevance. Mindful of our role as a member of the Humboldt community we are especially interested in proposals that will engage and welcome community members into our space.
The Paragon Gallery is accepting proposals for installations/exhibitions to occur in 2020. Although proposals may be reviewed on an ongoing basis, full consideration is given to submissions received by April 30, 2019.
Submission proposals are evaluated based on:
- conceptual relevance to curricula and to the community surrounding Portland Community College Cascade Campus
- technique and ideation
- dynamically related programing/events
- variety in overall exhibition schedule
2020 submission details
- Share a Google folder with firstname.lastname@example.org. Label the folder “your (or group’s) Name 2020 submission”. Please include the following:
- A letter of interest including specific educational/community programing you envision.
- An artist’s or collaborative group’s statement.
- A resume or CV.
- A detailed image inventory list: title, medium, dimensions (or location and duration), and date of completion for each work.
- A Work Samples subfolder containing up to 10 images or work samples.* Please label each sample with your name, underscore and sample number. E.g. “sampson_01”.
- For event-based, durational or interactive works, composite slides are recommended.
- Up to 3 video or audio examples with a total combined run time of no more than 10 minutes may be submitted.
- Links to media with total combined run times of 10 minutes or less are welcome.