Proposal submission guidelines
The Paragon Gallery is an educational and community space located in PCC’s Paragon Arts Resource Building along with PCC Cascade’s printmaking studio. We are committed to exhibiting work of high artistic quality and cultural relevance. Mindful of our role as a member of the Humboldt community we are especially interested in proposals that will engage and welcome community members into our space.
The Paragon Gallery is accepting proposals for installations/exhibitions to occur in 2021. Although proposals may be reviewed on an ongoing basis, full consideration is given to submissions received by April 30, 2020.
**If you are a PCC Cascade student, and you wish to participate in the 2020 student exhibition, see the application posted in the sidebar on this page.
Submission proposals are evaluated based on
- conceptual relevance to curricula and to the community surrounding Portland Community College Cascade Campus
- technique and ideation
- dynamically related programming/events
- variety in overall exhibition schedule
2021 proposal details
- Share a Google folder with email@example.com. Label the folder “your (or group’s) Name 2021 proposal”. Please include the following:
- A letter of interest including specific educational/community programming you envision.
- An artist’s or collaborative group’s statement.
- A resume or CV.
- A detailed image inventory list: title, medium, dimensions (or location and duration), and date of completion for each work.
- A Work Samples subfolder containing up to 10 images or work samples. *Please label each sample with your name, underscore and sample number. E.g. “sampson_01”.
- For event-based, durational or interactive works, composite slides are recommended.
- Up to 3 video or audio examples with a total combined run time of no more than 10 minutes may be submitted.
- Links to media with total combined run times of 10 minutes or less are welcome.