Fall 2018 – Summer 2019 exhibitions
The Paragon Gallery is an educational and community space located in PCC’s Paragon Arts Resource Building along with PCC Cascade’s printmaking and future FabLab. We are committed to exhibiting work of high artistic quality and cultural relevance. Mindful of our role as a member of the Humboldt community we are especially interested in proposals that will engage and welcome community members into our space.
The Paragon Gallery is accepting proposals for installations/exhibitions to occur between Fall 20018 and Fall 2019. Although proposals may be reviewed on an ongoing basis, full consideration is given to submissions received by April, 30, 2018.
Submission proposals are evaluated based on:
- Conceptual relevance to curricula and to the community surrounding Portland Community College Cascade Campus.
- Artistic quality in technique and ideation.
- Dynamic related programing/events.
- Variety in overall exhibition schedule
2018-2019 submission details
- Share a Google folder with firstname.lastname@example.org. Label the folder “your (or group’s) Name 2018-19 submission”. Please include the following:
- A letter of interest including specific educational/community programing you envision.
- An artist’s or collaborative group’s statement.
- A resume or CV.
- A detailed image inventory list: title, medium, dimensions (or location and duration), and date of completion for each work.
- A Work Samples subfolder containing up to 10 images or work samples.* Please label each sample with your name, underscore and sample number. E.g. “sampson_01”.
- *Composite slides are recommended for event based, durational or interactive works. Up to 3 video or audio examples with a total combined run time of no more than 10 minutes. Links to media with total combined run times of 10 minutes or less are welcome.
If for any reason you are unable to apply via Google you may send these materials on a USB memory stick to: