Restaurant Business Builders
Get in touch
Create a restaurant that can thrive in the highly competitive restaurant industry.
Ready to start your own restaurant or run yours more efficiently?
Learn how to find the right location, equipment, employees, and inventory to keep your business competitive and your customers coming in and coming back. Build a network that will provide resources and advice on how to reach your goals, assist you with an action plan, and help you hold yourself accountable with Restaurant Business Builders.
Restaurant Business Builders is a 10 week program, meeting once per week for a 3 hour session.
- Group learning and networking to discuss challenges, exchange resources, and find solutions with peers.
- 30 hours of business education specifically designed for new restaurant owners taught by subject matter experts and successful local restaurateurs. Complete the form on this page to get a detailed course outline.
- Session 1: Your Concept & the Money to Do It
- Session 2: Designing Your Restaurant & Kitchen
- Session 3: Finding & Leasing a Location
- Session 4: Stocking Your Restaurant
- Session 5: Regulations and Reviews
- Session 6: Long Term Sustainability
- Session 7: Managing Your Money
- Session 8: Tracking Your Success
- Session 9: Attracting & Managing Employees
- Session 10: Branding & Marketing Your Restaurant
- Up-to 5 hours of one-on-one advising in confidential meetings.
- Complimentary access to “Before You Go Global,” an online course to help you start selling your products in global markets.
- Access to specialty business advisors with a wide range of expertise.
- Access to market research resources such as Southern Oregon University Market Research Institute, SBDCNet, Reference USA, MarketLink, and Euromonitor.
- 30 hours in class, divided into 10 weekly, 3-hour sessions.
- Plus, Up to 5 hours of one-on-one advising during the 10 month period following Restaurant Business Builders.
- Tuition is $799.
- Tuition can be paid in 5, monthly payments of $160.
- An additional person from your business can take the course for 1/2 price, $400.
- Invaluable advice from industry experts that will save you years of frustration
- Support from a network of peers and mentors
- A more profitable, sustainable restaurant
Learn from Restaurant Owners and Industry Experts! You will learn best practices right from the start.
Restaurant owner guest speakers:
- Cory Schreiber, Chef, Author, and Founder of Wildwood Restaurant
- Matthew Firoz, Owner of NEPO42
- Michelle Cairo, Co-Owner of Olympia Provisions
- Uri Kushner, Owner of Dairy Hill
- John Gorham, Co-Owner and Executive Chef of Toro Bravo, Tasty n Sons, Tasty n Alder, Mediterranean Exploration Company, Shalom Y’all, and PLAZA DEL TORO
- Mark Beauchamp, Co-Founder of Cafe Yumm
Industry expert guest speakers:
- Sam Taylor, Restaurant Designer
- Shannon Fost, Multnomah County Health Inspector
- John Holtrop, FOG (Fats, Oils, and Grease) Team
Upcoming Schedule for Restaurant Business Builders
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: If this is your first time taking a class at PCC, create an account. If you are a returning student, log on to MyPCC and click “Register for classes,” found in your Term-to-Term Checklist, under “Register”.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.
Questions? Contact the SBDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-722-5080.
Photo credit: shreveportbossier