Professional Development and Training
Get in touch
Gain and Improve Skills for the Workplace
Advance your career by investing in the skills you need to be efficient and effective in today’s workplace.
Learn how to:
- Lead and manage diverse teams
- Manage projects and workload
- Communicate better with your colleagues and clients
- Use applications and software to get your work done
HR and Organizational Effectiveness
People make up every organization. Are the right people at your organization?
Upcoming Course Schedule
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: If this is your first time taking a class at PCC, create an account. If you are a returning student, log on to MyPCC and click “Register for classes,” found in your Term-to-Term Checklist, under “Register”.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.
From the PDT Blog
- It's Not What You Say, But How You Say It (and 4 Other Effective Communication Tips)
- Wed, 28 Mar 2018
In work and life, effective communication is a critical piece to successful relationships, leadership, and growth. There are communication challenges that can trip up any professional — like reacting instead of responding, treating everyone the same, or assuming your message is understood. And today’s many outlets for communication — like email, text messages, social media, and instant messaging — can actually make communication more complicated, rather than easier.
In this post, we’ll take a look at some wise words that offer practical advice for effective communication.
- 3 Steps to Drive Organizational Change in a Non-Management Role
- Wed, 14 Mar 2018
Organizational change is almost always difficult, and if you’re trying to encourage it from a non-leadership or non-management position, it can be even more challenging. However, there are strategies that can help you be successful in persuading others to adopt change.
PCC CLIMB offers a variety of classes in leadership skills, relationship management and networking that can help you be more effective when working with others to advance your ideas. In this post, we’ll take a look at three specific ways you can drive organizational change, even if you’re in a non-management role.
- Are You Looking at Things From All Angles? 7 Steps to Take When Making a Tough Decision
- Thu, 15 Feb 2018
One of the most important life skills a business professional can develop is the ability to make smart and informed decisions. Both logic and emotion play a role in the process, but in order to accurately identify your options and choose the right solution, you need to explore things from all angles.
In this post, we’ll take a look at the process for how to make a tough decision and how you can feel more confident about your decision-making skills.
- View more ...