Training Solutions that Work
PCC Customized Training will work with your organization to create adaptable, affordable learning solutions in Portland. Our responsive team will meet with you one-on-one to discuss how we can develop training that meets your organization’s goals. We offer a variety of diverse training courses and workshops. Contact us[opens in new window] for more information.
Popular training topics:
- Leadership Development
- Project Management
- Customer Service
- Industrial & Technical Solutions
- Contact us for more options
Training can be held at your location or at one of our conveniently located facilities. Partner with PCC Customized Training and see how easy it can be to train your employees.
Talent Development for your Team
How will training be relevant to and align with your company?
Our courses can be tailored to suit your needs, helping your organization fulfill its goals and stay true to its mission.
Sit down with us and we’ll help draft solutions that you can implement right away. Since our training is structured around your company processes, your employees can directly apply what they learn to the tasks they perform every day.
How does this training engage employees?
CLIMB involves your employees in the learning process through relatable exercises, case studies, and stories that lead your team to think about and discover solutions for themselves. Where possible, our experienced instructors use your company materials in workshops to make an immediate connection between subject matter and your daily operations.
For example, let’s say you want to train your team in expert-level use of Microsoft Excel. We’ll identify which version you have, and use your spreadsheets to create lessons that optimize tasks employees actually perform.
How can PCC help create effective managers?
Often, new managers have a lot of expertise within their field, but have very little experience in leadership positions. We can help you maximize the effectiveness of managers by teaching them the basic skills they need to communicate clearly, delegate wisely, budget efficiently, and more.
Some of our most popular management courses include:
- Motivating Employees
- Effective Meetings
- Role of the Supervisor
- HR Skills for Every Manager
- Finance for the Non Finance Manager
What is the expertise of CLIMB instructors and consultants?
Instructors at PCC CLIMB come from a diverse range of backgrounds, but each of them has real world expertise in their area. From leadership and management, to state-of-the art computer skills and technical training, our instructors apply their industry experience to provide you with professional solutions that achieve desired outcomes.
We strive to have the best instructors in the Portland area, who train using the most current, proven learning methodology & technologies.
Training and Development Courses
For a printable version of this list, fill out the form at the top of this page.
- Active Listening
- Appropriate and Effective Use of Email
- Business Writing That Works
- Communicating to Different Personality Types
- Communication Strategies
- Conflict Resolution – Dealing with Difficult People
- Conflict Resolution – Getting Along in the Workplace
- Diversity Training – Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace
- Giving Effective Feedback
- Influence and Persuasion
- Public Speaking – Presentation Survival School
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Intermediate Project Management
- Advanced Project Management
- Project Breakthrough
- Project Management for Healthcare
- Project Management for Manufacturing
- Project Management for Municipalities
- Microsoft Access 2007, 2010, 2013
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013
- Microsoft Project 2007, 2010, 2013
- Customer Service for the 21st Century
- Critical Elements of Customer Service
- Managing Customer Service
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Building Better Teams
- Business Succession Planning – Developing and Maintaining a Succession Plan
- Change Management – Change and How to Deal with It
- Coaching – A Leadership Skill
- Conducting Effective Performance Reviews
- Creating a Respectful Workplace
- Delegation – The Art of Delegating Effectively
- Emotional Intelligence
- Finance for the Non-Financial Manager
- Goal Setting
- Hiring for Success – Behavioral Interviewing Techniques
- HR for the Non-HR Manager
- Meeting Management – The Art of Making Meetings Work
- Motivating Your Workforce
- Managing Employee Performance
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Role of the Supervisor
- Social Intelligence
- Strategic Planning
- Strengths Based Leadership
- Time Management – Get Organized for Peak Performance
- Understanding Self and Others – DiSC
- Understanding Self and Others Managers Version – DiSC
- Basic Electrical and Electronic Troubleshooting
- Blueprint Reading
- Drafting and AutoCAD
- Hydraulic Vacuum and Pumps Troubleshooting
- Mechanical Theory
- Pneumatic Troubleshooting
- Statistical Process Control
News and Announcements
- Why Project Management is an Essential Skill for Everyone
- Fri, 21 Jun 2019
At any given moment, employees are juggling multiple tasks and projects at once. Knowing how to manage these various expectations and deadlines is where effective project management comes in. Project management involves using methods and processes, as well as your own understanding and insight, to accomplish tasks according to predetermined criteria and deadlines. It involves managing communication between team members, keeping people on task, and ensuring they understand their jobs well.
- The 3 C's of Successful Leadership
- Tue, 18 Jun 2019
The success of any business or organization is cultivated from the top, down. Competent and skillful leadership is critical to boosting productivity, maximizing efficiency, and achieving business goals – whether an organization consists of two or 200 people. Successful and effective leadership directly impacts employee engagement and performance, which is essential for businesses to grow and thrive.
- Improve Efficiency, Performance and Leadership with PCC Professional Development Courses Occurring in April, May and June
- Mon, 25 Mar 2019
PCC offers noncredit courses each term for talented professionals seeking new skills or trainings from a variety of topics to improve performance around the office. Below we've assembled a list of one-day workshops occurring in April, May and June - and selected from both our Professional Development and Training and Institute for Health Professionals programs.
- View more ...