Get in touch
Training Solutions that Work
PCC will work with your organization to create adaptable, affordable learning solutions in Portland and can train on virtually any subject. Our responsive team will meet with you one-on-one to discuss how we can develop training that meets your organization’s goals. We offer a variety of diverse training courses and workshops. Contact us[opens in new window] for more information.
Professional Development training can be held at your location or at one of our conveniently located facilities. Partner with PCC and see how easy it can be to train your employees.
Talent Development for your Team
How will training be relevant to and align with your company?
Our courses can be tailored to suit your needs, helping your organization fulfill its goals and stay true to its mission.
Sit down with us and we’ll help draft solutions that you can implement right away. Since our training is structured around your company processes, your employees can directly apply what they learn to the tasks they perform every day.
How does this training engage employees?
CLIMB involves your employees in the learning process through relatable exercises, case studies, and stories that lead your team to think about and discover solutions for themselves. Where possible, our experienced instructors use your company materials in workshops to make an immediate connection between subject matter and your daily operations.
For example, let’s say you want to train your team in expert-level use of Microsoft Excel. We’ll identify which version you have, and use your spreadsheets to create lessons that optimize tasks employees actually perform.
How can PCC help create effective managers?
Often, new managers have a lot of expertise within their field, but have very little experience in leadership positions. We can help you maximize the effectiveness of managers by teaching them the basic skills they need to communicate clearly, delegate wisely, budget efficiently, and more.
Some of our most popular management courses include:
- Motivating Employees
- Effective Meetings
- Role of the Supervisor
- HR Skills for Every Manager
- Finance for the Non Finance Manager
What is the expertise of CLIMB instructors and consultants?
Instructors at PCC CLIMB come from a diverse range of backgrounds, but each of them has real world expertise in their area. From leadership and management, to state-of-the art computer skills and technical training, our instructors apply their industry experience to provide you with professional solutions that achieve desired outcomes.
We strive to have the best instructors in the Portland area, who train using the most current, proven learning methodology & technologies.
Training and Development Courses
For a printable version of this list, fill out the form at the top of this page.
- Active Listening
- Appropriate and Effective Use of Email
- Business Writing That Works
- Communicating to Different Personality Types
- Communication Strategies
- Conflict Resolution – Dealing with Difficult People
- Conflict Resolution – Getting Along in the Workplace
- Diversity Training – Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace
- Giving Effective Feedback
- Influence and Persuasion
- Public Speaking – Presentation Survival School
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Intermediate Project Management
- Advanced Project Management
- Project Breakthrough
- Project Management for Healthcare
- Project Management for Manufacturing
- Project Management for Municipalities
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Customer Service for the 21st Century
- Critical Elements of Customer Service
- Managing Customer Service
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Building Better Teams
- Business Succession Planning – Developing and Maintaining a Succession Plan
- Change Management – Change and How to Deal with It
- Coaching – A Leadership Skill
- Conducting Effective Performance Reviews
- Creating a Respectful Workplace
- Delegation – The Art of Delegating Effectively
- Emotional Intelligence
- Finance for the Non-Financial Manager
- Goal Setting
- Hiring for Success – Behavioral Interviewing Techniques
- HR for the Non-HR Manager
- Meeting Management – The Art of Making Meetings Work
- Motivating Your Workforce
- Managing Employee Performance
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Role of the Supervisor
- Social Intelligence
- Strategic Planning
- Strengths Based Leadership
- Time Management – Get Organized for Peak Performance
- Understanding Self and Others – DiSC
- Understanding Self and Others Managers Version – DiSC
- Basic Electrical and Electronic Troubleshooting
- Blueprint Reading
- Drafting and AutoCAD
- Hydraulic Vacuum and Pumps Troubleshooting
- Mechanical Theory
- Pneumatic Troubleshooting
- Statistical Process Control
News and Announcements
- 4 Reasons QuickBooks Training Will Diversify Your Skillset
- Fri, 23 Oct 2020
When learning modern bookkeeping, one of the first steps is to utilize QuickBooks. It's now one of the leading products for bill management, bill pay, business cash flow, hiring contractors and employees, tracking expenses and income, and sending invoices or receiving payments. You can project your small business profitability in the software, create a variety of reports, and run both payroll and sales taxes.
- Professional Development Opportunities for Teachers
- Thu, 22 Oct 2020
An investment in professional development can improve your ability as an instructor and lead to new career trajectories. Plus, many institutions are requiring that instructors take CEU classes. But wouldn't you like to do these classes remotely, and at your own speed? Choosing to invest in yourself through continuing education has a positive impact on your whole community as a result and PCC makes it easy. Here are some professional development opportunities for educational professionals - but we encourage you to explore all options.
- Resolve Workplace Conflicts with Advanced Mediation Skills
- Wed, 07 Oct 2020
Portland, Oregon has had its share of challenges, both front-and-center in workplaces as well as environmental concerns from stressful weather to global health crises. Even the most mild-mannered person can grow more irritable in the wake of major challenges and stressors. When stress reaches a breaking point, workplace conflict tends to increase. When this happens, managers and colleagues can feel like they don't have the strategies to help them de-escalate tensions in their workplace.
- View more ...