Training Solutions that Work
PCC CLIMB will work with your organization to create adaptable, affordable learning solutions that fit your unique needs.
Our responsive team will meet with you one-on-one to discuss how we can develop training that meets your organization’s goals.
We offer a variety of diverse training courses and workshops.
Popular training topics:
- Leadership Development
- Project Management
- Customer Service
- Industrial & Technical Solutions
- See more
Training can be held at your location or at one of our conveniently located facilities. Partner with PCC CLIMB and see how easy it can be to train your employees.
Talent Development for your Team
How will training be relevant to and align with your company?
Our courses can be tailored to suit your needs, helping your organization fulfill its goals and stay true to its mission.
Sit down with us and we’ll help draft solutions that you can implement right away. Since our training is structured around your company processes, your employees can directly apply what they learn to the tasks they perform every day.
How does this training engage employees?
CLIMB involves your employees in the learning process through relatable exercises, case studies, and stories that lead your team to think about and discover solutions for themselves. Where possible, our experienced instructors use your company materials in workshops to make an immediate connection between subject matter and your daily operations.
For example, let’s say you want to train your team in expert-level use of Microsoft Excel. We’ll identify which version you have, and use your spreadsheets to create lessons that optimize tasks employees actually perform.
How can PCC help create effective managers?
Often, new managers have a lot of expertise within their field, but have very little experience in leadership positions. We can help you maximize the effectiveness of managers by teaching them the basic skills they need to communicate clearly, delegate wisely, budget efficiently, and more.
Some of our most popular management courses include:
- Motivating Employees
- Effective Meetings
- Role of the Supervisor
- HR Skills for Every Manager
- Finance for the Non Finance Manager
What is the expertise of CLIMB instructors and consultants?
Instructors at PCC CLIMB come from a diverse range of backgrounds, but each of them has real world expertise in their area. From leadership and management, to state-of-the art computer skills and technical training, our instructors apply their industry experience to provide you with professional solutions that achieve desired outcomes.
We strive to have the best instructors in the Portland area, who train using the most current, proven learning methodology & technologies.
Training and Development Courses
For a printable version of this list, fill out the form at the top of this page.
- Active Listening
- Appropriate and Effective Use of Email
- Business Writing That Works
- Communicating to Different Personality Types
- Communication Strategies
- Conflict Resolution – Dealing with Difficult People
- Conflict Resolution – Getting Along in the Workplace
- Diversity Training – Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace
- Giving Effective Feedback
- Influence and Persuasion
- Public Speaking – Presentation Survival School
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Intermediate Project Management
- Advanced Project Management
- Project Breakthrough
- Project Management for Healthcare
- Project Management for Manufacturing
- Project Management for Municipalities
- Microsoft Access 2007, 2010, 2013
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013
- Microsoft Project 2007, 2010, 2013
- Customer Service for the 21st Century
- Critical Elements of Customer Service
- Managing Customer Service
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Building Better Teams
- Business Succession Planning – Developing and Maintaining a Succession Plan
- Change Management – Change and How to Deal with It
- Coaching – A Leadership Skill
- Conducting Effective Performance Reviews
- Creating a Respectful Workplace
- Delegation – The Art of Delegating Effectively
- Emotional Intelligence
- Finance for the Non-Financial Manager
- Goal Setting
- Hiring for Success – Behavioral Interviewing Techniques
- HR for the Non-HR Manager
- Meeting Management – The Art of Making Meetings Work
- Motivating Your Workforce
- Managing Employee Performance
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Role of the Supervisor
- Social Intelligence
- Strategic Planning
- Strengths Based Leadership
- Time Management – Get Organized for Peak Performance
- Understanding Self and Others – DiSC
- Understanding Self and Others Managers Version – DiSC
- Basic Electrical and Electronic Troubleshooting
- Blueprint Reading
- Drafting and AutoCAD
- Hydraulic Vacuum and Pumps Troubleshooting
- Mechanical Theory
- Pneumatic Troubleshooting
- Statistical Process Control
News and Announcements
- It's Not What You Say, But How You Say It (and 4 Other Effective Communication Tips)
- Wed, 28 Mar 2018
In work and life, effective communication is a critical piece to successful relationships, leadership, and growth. There are communication challenges that can trip up any professional — like reacting instead of responding, treating everyone the same, or assuming your message is understood. And today’s many outlets for communication — like email, text messages, social media, and instant messaging — can actually make communication more complicated, rather than easier.
In this post, we’ll take a look at some wise words that offer practical advice for effective communication.
- 3 Steps to Drive Organizational Change in a Non-Management Role
- Wed, 14 Mar 2018
Organizational change is almost always difficult, and if you’re trying to encourage it from a non-leadership or non-management position, it can be even more challenging. However, there are strategies that can help you be successful in persuading others to adopt change.
PCC CLIMB offers a variety of classes in leadership skills, relationship management and networking that can help you be more effective when working with others to advance your ideas. In this post, we’ll take a look at three specific ways you can drive organizational change, even if you’re in a non-management role.
- Are You Looking at Things From All Angles? 7 Steps to Take When Making a Tough Decision
- Thu, 15 Feb 2018
One of the most important life skills a business professional can develop is the ability to make smart and informed decisions. Both logic and emotion play a role in the process, but in order to accurately identify your options and choose the right solution, you need to explore things from all angles.
In this post, we’ll take a look at the process for how to make a tough decision and how you can feel more confident about your decision-making skills.
- View more ...