CCOG for MSD 177 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- MSD 177
- Course Title:
- Team Building
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
1. Utilize effective team skills in building, motivating, rewarding and leading a high performance team in a diverse workplace environment.
2. Apply an understanding of the various individual team member roles and behaviors to build and promote positive team relationships.
3. Apply strategies and facilitate team goals, objectives and plans to enhance productivity in organizations.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Various individual and/or group skill-building activities such as role-plays,case studies, or other exercises geared toward critical analysis of course concepts..
- Written assignments or oral reports designed to integrate course material into personal experience or experiences of others.
- Complete exams comprised of essay and/or objective questions, or an individual and/or team project or paper which requires integration, application, and critical examination of course concepts, issues, and themes.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Identifying personal and team values
- Building self esteem
- Adapting to change
- Active listening
- Conflict management
- Oral and written communication
- Problem solving
CONCEPTS, THEMES & ISSUES:
- Personal and team values
- Managing differences/conflicts
- Assessment: readiness, effectiveness, rewards
- Implementing steps for team building
- Communication styles
- Aligning team goals with organizational goals
- Fixing broken teams
- Establishing the team concept in a work group
- Assessing readiness and rewarding effectiveness
- Identifying potential problems
- Creating a motivating climate
- Conflicting perceptions