CCOG for MSD 142B Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- MSD 142B
- Course Title:
- Thriving in Transition
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Use an understanding of the psychological change process to help employees thrive in a changing environment.
Use steps for implementing change to assist an organization with innovating change.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Various individual and/or group skill-building activities such as role-plays, case studies, or other exercises geared toward critical analysis of course concepts..
- Written assignments or oral reports designed to integrate course material into personal experience or experiences of others.
- Complete exams comprised of essay and/or objective questions, or an individual and/or team project or paper which requires integration, application, and critical examination of course concepts, issues, and themes.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Innovating change
- Coaching employees
- Oral, written, and presentation skills
- Listening skills
- Problem solving
- Minimizing resistance
- Creating a receptive environment
- Learning from failure
CONCEPTS, THEMES & ISSUES:
- Change agentry
- Sources of change
- Proposing change
- Implementing change
- Responding to business environment
- Psychological/emotional resistance to change
- Psychological change process
- Helping people adapt to change
- Physical/mechanical change process
- Resistance to change
- Change creates opportunities