CCOG for MCH 292 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- MCH 292
- Course Title:
- FDM Additive Manufacturing Fundamentals Orientation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Requires basic computer operational skills literacy. Students will purpose and complete project work to support theory skills.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Identify processes that can be completed on a Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) machine.
- Operate an FDM additive manufacturing machine to create physical solid parts from digital CAD models.
- Apply basic finishing and processing techniques that can be applied to the part manufactured.
Course Activities and Design
The course will be taught through structured training activities to develop competency and will include student proposed project work to reinforce these skills.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be assessed on their ability to setup and operate an FDM machine to produce acceptable parts that they decide to make. With students selecting their own projects to do, instructor and student will negotiate both project scope and acceptable completion quality for grading determination.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Skills obtained from this course will be:
- The ability to identify manufactured projects or products that are compatible for manufacture on FDM machines.
- The basic set and operation of an FDM machine using support systems.
- Student proposed and completed project work to reinforce these concepts.