CCOG for MCH 273 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- MCH 273
- Course Title:
- Mastercam Level II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
MCH 273 – Mastercam Level II consists of the following modules:
Design Level II - In this course the student will construct advanced geometric models using geometric, free form, and derived surface types.
Mill Level II - Students use Mastercam to program advanced three-dimensional models using Multi-surf and Flow-line programming techniques.
Lathe - This course covers lathe programming using Mastercam to generate toolpaths.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Intended Outcomes for the course
The student will be able to understand the construction of advanced geometric models using geometry, free form, and derived surface types, and communicate the CNC program to a CNC machine tool.
This course is based on performance outcomes. The following competency profile is based upon industry standards. The student will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the:
- Customization of the code generator through modification of the machine and template files using Mastercam computer assisted machining software.
- Concepts and techniques associated with constructing 3-D Wireframe models using Mastercam computer assisted machining software
- Concepts and techniques associated with toolpath generation of 3-D meshes (surfaces) using Mastercam computer assisted machining software.
- Concepts and techniques associated with the construction of derived and composite meshes (surfaces) using Mastercam computer assisted machining software.
- Concepts and techniques associated with 3-D toolpath planning using Mastercam computer assisted machining software.
- Concepts and techniques associated with 4th and 5th axis programming using Mastercam computer assisted machining software.
- Concepts and techniques associated with code file translation for successful CAD/CAM integration using Mastercam computer assisted machining software.
Course Activities and Design
MCH 273 Mastercam Level II will be presented by means of audio-visual presentations, demonstrations, lab experiences, and research activities. The course activities and design emphasize the development of skills and knowledge competencies prescribed by established industry standards. The identified competencies will be achieved by means of individual and team activities.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
POLICY - Student performance measurements are based on typical industry standards. The various areas of study during the course will be evaluated by a variety of activities. Typical of those activities are the following:
1. READING ASSIGNMENTS - Information sheets, textbooks, journal articles and the learning resource center are potential sources of information that the student will reference as directed in the modules identified in the introduction.
2. PRACTICE - Finding and applying the information identified in the reading assignments, information sheets, journal articles and textbooks. Students are required to complete practice activities with 100% competency.
3. SELF-CHECKS - checking and evaluating the students understanding and knowledge gained through the reading assignments and practices typically done through a practice examination.
4. LAB ACTIVITIES - Participate in structured laboratory exercises and experience. The emphasis will be to provide an introduction or increase expertise to the appropriate areas of study presented in the module packets that are identified in the introduction.
5. EXAMINATION - An examination in the form of multiple choice, true/false, matching, short answer structure that addresses the subject areas identified in the module packets identified in the introduction. Students are required to complete final assessment activities with 85% competency.
Learning Mastercam Mill Applications, CNC Software
Learning Mastercam Project Workbook, CNC Software
Learning Mastercam Lathe Applications, CNC Software
Learning Mastercam Design Applications, CNC Software