CCOG for MCH 229 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- MCH 229
- Course Title:
- Rapid Prototyping
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of this class, student should be able to:
- Describe the differences and of the application of a range of additive manufacturing processes.
- Select and use correct CAD formats in the manufacture of a 3D printed part.
- Set up and fabricate a 3D part using an additive manufacturing machine.
Course Activities and Design
MCH 229 will be presented by means of reading assignments, audio-visual presentations, demonstrations, and a lab activity. Students will complete assigned textbook theory on various additive technologies and operate a FDM type additive manufacturing machine.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
The relevant areas of study within this course will be evaluated as follows:
- FINAL WRITTEN EXAM - An assessment in the form of a written exam comprised of questions from assigned chapters in the text will be completed.
- LAB ACTIVITIES - Completion of a structured laboratory exercise with the emphasis on developing skills or increasing expertise in the setup and operation of an FDM additive manufacturing machine..
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Course uses text learning for concepts and explanation of technologies relating to additive manufacturing, many of which we cannot demonstrate in the lab due to lack of resources. Course also includes training on the setup and use an additive manufacturing technology to produce solid parts.