CCOG for HUS 250 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- HUS 250
- Course Title:
- Field Experience I: Family and Human Services
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Covers the integration of knowledge, theory, skills, and behaviors needed to work in a human service setting. Supports the development of practical skills, experience, and professional interests under the supervision of a fieldwork supervisor. Prerequisites: HUS 151, and (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement and department permission required. Corequisites: HUS 230A.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Use appropriate professional knowledge and skills in direct service delivery.
- Meet learning outcomes specific to this course, as mutually agreed upon by the student and instructor in advance through a written learning contract, and as appropriate to the credit awarded for this course.
Course Activities and Design
- Field work in community human service setting.
- Weekly journal (guided)
- Field Experience site goals.
- Field Experience evaluation.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Weekly journal reflections connected to professional knowledge and skills.