CCOG for HUS 241 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- HUS 241
- Course Title:
- Planning and Evaluation in Human Services
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Presents knowledge and skill development in the systematic analysis of service needs, including planning appropriate strategies, implementation of services and evaluation of outcomes. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Prerequisites/concurrent: HUS 131 and HUS 141. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Assess the needs of clients or client groups.
- Develop goals, and design and implement a plan of action for clients or client groups.
- Evaluate the outcomes of service plans and the effect on the client or client groups.
Course Activities and Design
- Case study analysis
- Small/large group process and discussion
- Role play
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Human service delivery plan
- Case study scenarios
- Group presentation
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Human service planning
- Human service evaluation
- Social service intervention strategies